Rochdale, bounced back up(ish)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
good news: I'll be getting a new bike
bad news: its cos a car pulled out and i hit it a bit. bike frame broken, left wrist broken, right wrist sore, bumps and scrapes. ill live tho.
Albert Royds St. and Reservoir St., i was going downhill, north, he was coming out on the left, failed to either look or see. Tried to avoid go round front but clipped near headlight, landed on wrists knees and face. more news and bloody photos in due course when typing's less painful!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get well soon.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
so, what bike do you have your eye on then!! lol

i feel for you with the broken wrist, took me 6 weeks to be able to get back on after i did mine and about 6 months before i could do pushups on it! probably cause i was about 18 stone though so was interesting

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
bike was a storck fenomalist, pictures here. Thinking Supersix evo, canyon ultimate cf. Maybe raleigh militis or swift ultravox?
I was told 6 weeks for the wrist. apparently i may have only just avoided needing a plate in it. find out for sure at clinic next week.
It was almost witnessed by a pcso, he looked up to see me flying! Police officer who attended said he'd recommend Careless Driving for the driver. Got the details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ooch Poor Bike. That's going to dent his insurance....... Get another Storck. How can you go to a Raleigh ???

When did this happen ?? TODAY ?

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
Ooch Poor Bike. That's going to dent his insurance....... Get another Storck. How can you go to a Raleigh ???

When did this happen ?? TODAY ?
yesterday 4.30 ish.
The raleigh militis has had some good reviews, and is lighter.
the one thing i didnt like about the storck is the rear facing dropouts.
Otherhalf is collecting the bits today so i can see what can be salvaged.

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
Bits......... argh
The step child just came home briefly and said she'd been past the site and thought about getting some of the bits to bring back, she cupped her hand to mime holding small bits. She decided i might find it a bit traumatic!

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
Here's the promised injury photos at last:
DSCN0833 shrunk.jpg
And the bike needs a bit of work, (I know the chains slack alright?):rolleyes:
Being Carbon, this is bound to have happened as It's been out in the rain:
DSCN0844 shrunk.jpg

OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
Probably should have said, I'm all healed now and just recovering full function in my knee, shoulder and wrists. Can do almost everything, just some stuff still hurts. I'm back on the bike (not that one, run out of gaffer tape.) this weekend!

Top Bottom