Romero and James Cracknel end to end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
peanut said:
well that excludes you then :laugh::biggrin:
boom boom
it certainly does...

WHO can eat £1000 of nosh?

nooo it's an event for overpaid management accountants lets be honest at least :biggrin:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I saw them when I was on my way home from work. They were at Coombe Hill on the A38 between Gloucester and Tewkesbury at 17:15. Cracknel was on the front for those of you wondering. There was a bit of a queue of traffic behind them and the support vehicles, but there was a section of dual carriageway just up the road ahead of them so that should have relieved that.

nigelnorris

Tim Bennet. said:
The Google map has them going from Preston and then up the Ribble Valley to the A65 before going all the way back to Kendal.

Do you think this is for real, instead of just flying up the A6?

Won't bother getting out of bed to wave from my window if they're not going to come past!
Why would they do that, what are they detouring around?

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Apparently the Goglemap is full of errors. The did in fact come straight up the A6.

Latest report I can find is that they're stopped for a break near Lockerbie at 0900.

Are they on schedule? Who knows! (http://www.rra.org.uk/Files/CracknellRomero3.pdf)

For a major record breaking effort supported by the online version of a national daily paper, designed to promote an up coming charity event, in an era of unlimited communication tools, the coverage of this record bid is pitiful.

OP
OP
P

peanut

Tim Bennet. said:
the coverage of this record bid is pitiful.

you can say that again.:cry:

I haven't been able to find out anything. The googlemap is useless. It isn't updated for 5 or more hours . I had no idea where they were yesterday morning.

Are they on target ? how has it gone so far ? any problems .? any pictures ?
bloody hopeless info from the newspaper.
What a complete disaster . No-one even knows its going on. I've not seens anything about it on the news yet.
who was the twat that drew the googlemap ? doesn't follow any of the route anywhere. They must have done it with their eyes closed

OP
OP
P

peanut

Andy in Sig said:
I wonder if I should feel slightly ashamed that I'd never heard of either of them until I read the Telegraph link.

you've not heard of the names of two British Olympic gold medalists ? one of which was for cycling > yes you should be;)

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Originally Posted by Andy in Sig
I wonder if I should feel slightly ashamed that I'd never heard of either of them until I read the Telegraph link.
You should be ashamed but we're not surprised.

With a bit of Sherlock Holmes effort you can glean some news from the Twitter links and blogs, but FFS. . . . It's pathetic!

Top Bottom