Rosedale Chimney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did it last year on 34-25, I got up it and sprinted on the end, I was really excited to go up it again doing this Ron Kit ride in june or july but it was raining too much and other members of the group said it might have being too risky. I remember last year though, 2.5-3mph ;)

The whole hill is most certainly over an average of 17%, where it's not 33% it's over 20%. The group leader said last night he'd put money on me being able to big ring the chimney in the not too distant future, I don't know but he's usually right, I hope he is right! That'd mean I'd be able to go into the little ring and do about 4mph up it.

Mr Pig

yenrod said:
I'll show you a climb one day, its a real out of the way brute !

You guys don't know what a hill is! This is where we were last Saturday, the highest point on the trail is 600 metres!

LINK

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done for getting up that. I don't much like very steep climbs (but still do them) - having a 39 x 23 might just be the reason why..... :welcome:

There is a nasty climb in Prestatyn - North Wales - worth a punt - I've done it in my past and that's 1 in 3 .....

The vertical height climbed is 33% of the horizontal distance travelled. Expressed as a ratio you could say you climb one foot for every three feet you travel forward. If Pythagoras were still racing he would be able to calculate the distance travelled on the road without resorting to his cycle computer. :blush:

Top Bottom