Roubaix!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Late to the party,usual Roubaix drama and felt for Degonkolb few others as well but that's the nature of this race.
MVDP took some risks and they paid off.It would of been nice for him and Van Aert to enter the velodrome together,I think MVDP would of beat him anyway but...punctures,crashes and general sh1t luck are what makes this race so all in all a well deserved cobble for him.

I couldn't decide if she was just emotional or heartbroken, I suspect both. I hope once the emotions settle down, she will be thrilled.

Alison Jackson's reaction was just wonderful - made me feel like I'd won myself.

I got the impression all three were thrilled with their achievements, and all shed a tear either on or before the podium.
Really nice to see. And I don't know what "Action Jackson" had on her head, but it made a nice change from the team baseball caps XXX

Brilliant race. If I was typing this on Sunday morning I'd say it was the race of the year so far (and easily the best womens race I've seen - someone prove me wrong :P ). 2 full hours of excitement and a worthy winner, didn't even need a lot of luck.

1681130319689.png

Love this showers pic - nice change from the usual retro shots.

From the EF Tibco gallery
https://efeducationtibcosvb.com/racing/gallery-a-heavenly-win-in-hell/

Nothing to do with my love for WVA, but vDP did employ an "assertive" approach to German riders .
Before his much discussed incident taking out Degenkolb, there was this:

View: https://twitter.com/jakjarosz/status/1645140269506121728?t=GnfASqjKgsEK1gakuJMwrA&s=19

<Sigh> nevertheless, through gritted teeth, he did everything right and made the most of his luck. He really did give everything for this win:

View: https://twitter.com/writebikerepeat/status/1645094051882909697?t=9yomkD5hcn7Jh91vm7TO_w&s=19

Last edited:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Brilliant race. If I was typing this on Sunday morning I'd say it was the race of the year so far (and easily the best womens race I've seen - someone prove me wrong :P ). 2 full hours of excitement and a worthy winner, didn't even need a lot of luck.

I think the women’s race was much more exiting than the men’s this year!

I have a soft spot for EF Tibco etc but that bucket hat is awful!

13 rider

Guru
I was stood just round the corner as you looked back ,we could see the Welsh flag ,missed it by 200mts .
Absolutely amazing atmosphere on the road side and watching them ride the cobbles is mind blowing .Kudos to the riders 20 mins behind just suffering to make sure they could finish ,faces told the story of suffering . Most riders at the back looked for anywhere other than the cobbles to ride to try and ease the suffering
I did ride the cobbles on a Brompton at about 5mph and that felt unsafe

13 rider

Guru
I don't think you can make out the cyclechat jersey I was wearing as the TV switched to helicopter shots as the race past us ,I can make it out because I now where to look . Like I mention about 200mts before john dekenkolb crash if anyone fancys a game of where a Wally

Top Bottom