Routes from East Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got a few days off next week and planning to get a few miles in. Planning about 100mile, overnight stay, 100 miles home again, ideally a different route. Anyone know any good routes from Goole area.

screenman

Legendary Member
Twisty route through Lincolnshire Wolds book into Kingthorpe Manor Farm, the best B&B and possible the best breaking going.

Wobble back and pop into Barron Cycles for a real rural lbs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Head North West to the Yorkshire Wolds then around the North York Moors. Both stunning, empty, ignored and neglected parts of England that everybody ought to explore at least once. Be sure to pass through Pocklington then Millington then up the dry valley heading towards Huggate and experience one of the most interesting landscapes you'll ever see.

D

Deleted member 18052

If you decide to spin past Pocklington, I might be able to get a few miles of ride out with you depending on what time you come through etc.

Daz

zak3737

Über Member
I dunno about a specific route, but going anywhere North from Goole, through the Wolds, as Globalti says, is lovely, and on back roads, extremely quiet. Huggate area, Thixendale, and then up into the Nth Yorks Moors would be a lovely 'toddle' out.
Perhaps come down the east coast on way back, or just a slightly different route back, all would be lovely i'm sure, weather permitting.
Pickering or Scarborough perhaps places to stay, or a pub on route if you're travelling light.

OP
OP
T

Thegreatthor

Über Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
You'll be amazed at what they will reveal.

Top Bottom