SAB - Planet-X Budget Build underway.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Hi

I am using the FSA Orbit CE with 15mm cap, the headset is supplied without the bung (use a star flanged nut for alloy steerer) and top cap which you'll need to buy separately.

I'm using 25c slick tyres and the clearance is getting tight under the rear brake bridge. A 28 with tread might be too much.

Not had chance to ride it yet, 60mph winds today. Hopefully this week sometime.

8444429416_c4eb0ba15a_z.jpg

8443338667_8300a570bc_z.jpg

apb

Veteran
that bar tape :stop:

otherwise. Nice one

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Rides better than expected. It's more flexy than other aluminium frames I've owned, which is good for soaking up the bumps round here. I may change the saddle to a more padded one as it's a bit hard on the bits. 2300 shifts fine for me, some people grumble about the lower Shimano stuff but I find any of he 8 speed groups are pretty bullet proof and don't require contstant tweaking like the 10 speed stuff. Steel components last longer too.

Markymark13

I have the same fork on my aluminum frame and have found it very good. Done a few hundred miles on it now including lots of climbing out of the saddle up 20%+ gradients. Not noticed any significant flex and I run the pads close to the rims. I am running it with a FSA Orbit ZS 3 headset and FSA top bung.