Sad, sad news - Vernon has gone to the great Pie shop in the sky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm a bit nobbed off with myself. When the sad news about Vernon was broke,many on here changed their avatar to a pie theme. I searched for something original without success,then i've just realised the avatar i've had for a while has a pie theme.
21759.jpg

R.I.P Vernon.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I searched for something original without success,then i've just realised the avatar i've had for a while has a pie theme.

I think the teacher in him would like this one...

image.jpeg

GC

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very sad indeed - so soon after retirement. I'm proud to say that I was there on his Ditching Beacon moment. And even prouder to say that he was a friend.
That was the first time I met Vernon. I've been racking my brain trying to remember who took the photo of him cresting - or did I dream seeing it?

TVC

So, at the risk of being called a ghoul of some other amusing thing...... What has happenend to his bikes?
That would be down to his wife and family obviously, I should think none of them are the slightest bit interested in the contents of his shed at the moment. Whatever is decided in the end, I doubt we would get to know.

Cubist

Still wavin'
That would be down to his wife and family obviously, I should think none of them are the slightest bit interested in the contents of his shed at the moment. Whatever is decided in the end, I doubt we would get to know.
Given his predilection for blowing things up, I have a feeling the Ordnance chaps ought to be the ones to sort his shed .........

I went to the staff canteen today, not an unusual occurrence as it is a splendid place, having been enticed by the promise of "Pie Tuesday (A selection of pies)" as written large outside. On arrival I discovered that "Pie Tuesday" was last week and this week it was either "Gammon Tuesday" or "Quiche Tuesday" which I was informed was "like a pie". I tutted at the thought...

And then discovered they had run out of Quiche anyway, so they had removed the need for me to have a rant.

I had soup.

Top Bottom