Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does anybody have a Galaxy Ace 2 in perfect or very good condition that they would like to sell to me?

I can buy a new phone with warranty for £128 (incl. delivery) on PAYG once free credit and cashback are taken into account so I'd be looking to make a pretty decent saving on top of that.

I'd prefer it to be unlocked but it would be okay for it to be locked to Orange or O2.

I'd prefer it to be new and unused but if it has been used and the case is marked then I'd expect the price to be lower still.

(If you have a similar phone for sale in the same kind of price range, you could offer that instead. The Ace II is really what I'm after but I'll read reviews of any alternative phone and see if I like the sound of it.)

Cheers,
ColinJ

potsy

Rambler
Colin, not gone one but that is the exact same phone i've been thinking of getting, can you tell me where the best price is for those?
was looking at a Tesco sim free one but they are over £200, but i can use the clubcard vouchers and get double face value at the minute :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Colin, not gone one but that is the exact same phone i've been thinking of getting, can you tell me where the best price is for those?
was looking at a Tesco sim free one but they are over £200, but i can use the clubcard vouchers and get double face value at the minute :thumbsup:
The best I've found is Phones4U who are currently doing them on PAYG for £143.96. If you go for T-Mobile or Orange PAYG they will put £10 worth of credit on for you. The best bet might be to go for O2 though and then get a giffgaff simm (works on O2 network) for £10 a month which would give you 250 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts, 1GB internet, and free calls to giffgaff users. (Bigger call/text packages available for a bit more.). On top of that, you can get £6.56 cashback if you know where to go - I know a man who does! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Oh, speaking of Tesco clubcard ... My sister rang last night and told me that she just discovered that she has enough vouchers to trade in for an iPad!

potsy

Rambler
Oh, speaking of Tesco clubcard ... My sister rang last night and told me that she just discovered that she has enough vouchers to trade in for an iPad!
:thumbsup:

I'm going to have a look how many I've got later, before I steal your thread entirely do you know if a Tesco sim card will work in an O2 phone?
I believe they(Tesco) piggyback onto O2 but not sure if the phone still needs unlocking?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm going to have a look how many I've got later, before I steal your thread entirely do you know if a Tesco sim card will work in an O2 phone?
I believe they(Tesco) piggyback onto O2 but not sure if the phone still needs unlocking?
I'm working on the assumption that you could just plug any old simm card in if it runs on that particular network. It isn't a big deal though because you can buy unlock codes cheaply on t'interweb!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike

I *think* Tesco/Giffgaff sims work in O2 phones, but not the other way round. I think its something to do with O2 only locking their phones to the network, where as resellers like Tesco lock the network to O2 but also lock the sim to Tesco. Could be wrong/out of date info though on my part, my last 2 handsets have been unlocked to begin with so I havent had to mess around.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I thought those double club card vouchers were limited to clothes or toys and didn't include electrical items ? I may have heard swmbo wrong though as i wasn't really listening tbh :scratch:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

Most o2 phones are unlocked anyway

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Sorry, I don't have a phone to sell you Colin, but a friend at work has an Ace and it's a nice phone, really easy to use and was the main reason for me finally deciding to buy an Android phone. Potsy may be interested to know I've recently gone over to Giffgaff, you have to faff around to set the phone up for internet and picture messaging, but it's an easy job and so far the service has been great.

I bought my Galaxy SII from phones4U on O2 and the options it gave me when I put the new Giffgaff sim in were for O2, Giffgaff or Tesco settings, so it should work fine (like what Phil said).

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm in a slight hurry because my sister sent me money for Christmas/birthday and if I don't buy a present with it soon, I know it will just get spent on tins of beans and bottles of milk!

I was also looking at the Huawei Ascend G300 which is cheaper and looks very good vfm, but the Galaxy Ace 2 seems to beat it for performance and features.

albion

Guru
Wildfire S is more like my older Ace, both being alternatives to the old iPhone 3GS.

The newer Ace 2 is more a matchup for the iPhone 4/4S.
If its also got a Sony camera I'd put my money on Sony making it for Samsung.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS just to say the Ace 2 is a great phone, the missus has one. I'm a HTC person, but the Ace 2 is a fab phone, very quick.

Top Bottom