Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been looking at Ace 2s on eBay. I would like to get close to the £80 paid by tribanjules but the ones I've seen so far are going for £100+.

I took a punt on a Galaxy S (the original model before the 2/II and 3/III). It had a Buy It Now price of only £89 but the description was very limited ('used') so I decided not to go above £55. It failed to sell at just under £80 so I reckon that was probably the reserve price.

I'll bide my time and keep my eyes open on eBay, but if any CycleChatter has an Ace 2 for sale (and enough posts that I trust them not to rip me off!) then I will pay £80 for one in good used condition (a few minor scuffs on the case, but a perfect screen) or a bit more for one in perfect condition (unmarked, ideally still in original packaging e.g. an unwanted upgrade phone).

albion

Guru
Reminds me, I have the new Motosmart that I'm pretty certain I will not be using.

I can't comment properly on it as so far it is unused apart from making sure it is unlocked.
Its more like the old Ace or Wildfire S but have to say the metal backed case seems quality.
Uncannily similar in appearance to the Ace too.

Not Ace 2 standard but should have about 360 days peace of mind. There are 18 on ebay with an unlocked one ending in 2 hours.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

http://webshop.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-items?search=samsung galaxy ace&categoryID=272&submit=

http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/Mobile-Home-Phones?Search=samsung galaxy ace&

These places usually have a lot in store and come with a guarantee. They sometimes stock reconditioned phones. Pop in store for a browse for a bargin as not all stock is put on the net.
Thanks. Their online prices seem to be higher than eBay and I'm not likely to be near a store before I've found a phone elsewhere but somebody else might pick up a bargain.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've taken a bit of a punt and bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray on eBay for the bargain price of £70.54 including postage and am waiting for it to arrive. It's probably the smallest really decent smartphone so it should be very pocket-friendly. I already have a desktop computer, a small laptop, and a smaller tablet computer, so I decided that I didn't really need or want a large phone. Whether the Ray's small touchscreen is eye- and finger-friendly is another matter but I'll soon find out! I reckon I will either love it or hate it. I'll get this thread locked now but report on the phone in one of the phone threads in the Computers and Electricals forum.

PS - it has arrived!

So ... I now own an excellent ultra-portable smartphone. I've ordered a (fake) leather flip case to protect it and a 32 GB micro SDHC card and I still have change from £90.

The screen is incredibly clear, but it is tiny so typing on it is a bit fiddly and sites that don't have mobile versions are a pain to view. Some sites reflow automatically to fit the screen and I was really impressed by how well they worked. I'm going to have to get Tapatalk though for CycleChat and other forums. I can get away without my reading glasses if I zoom in a bit, but really I think that good eyesight is a must for this phone unless you are prepared to wear your glasses when using it.

Top Bottom