Scary road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tarbo

Took the obligitary picture at the bottom of the Hardnott Pass during the Lakeland Loop. I was aprehensive, especially when I saw the sign indicating 30% incline. Anyway I managed to ride all the way up..

DSCN0400.jpg

So, as I was out last weekend with the kids, and came accross this :-

IMG_4518.jpg

So, there's my next challenge. Just waiting for a pass from the Mrs.

What's the worse gradient sign that you people have seen ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, Hardnott was the hardest thing I didn't quite do! That was on the Fred Whitton and I have to confess I pushed some of it.

OP
OP
Tarbo

Tarbo

buggi said:
so where is the proof that you actually rode it, huh????

(14% is my worst i think)

I thought you'd never ask :wacko:

I'm in the blue long sleeved top, crawling past the groups that were pushing. Yes, it was the hardest hill I've been up :smile:

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

The pictues were taken by my cycling buddy who had to stop 'due to the volume of traffic'.........

Noodley

Chapeau Tarbo :smile:

...although it's hardly a 'race' if you have time to stand and pose for photos at the bottom :wacko:

Maz

Guru
Nice one, tarbo. Is it the sheer steepness of the hill that made those riders dismount? No low enough gear possible?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tarbo, where is the 33%...not N.Wales is it ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tarbo,

The second one is Hillside in Prestatyn isn't it.....overlooking the coast.

I've been up that bugger in a....wait for it....42 x 21...hah hah.... must have been stoopid. Hair pins at the bottom, then just goes up straight vertical.... ;)

colly

Re member eR
Good going Tarbo. As a matter of interest what gear were you using?

From the pic it looks like you have a double.

theloafer

Legendary Member
took a mate over hardknot and other in the lakes both had 2 panniers a bar box... was not too bad....lmao... but gearing is the trick..:blush:
lakestrip078.jpg
jims bike
me just getting past the really hard bit at the start.
lakestrip091.jpg

LeeW

I've been up hardknott and that is the steepest I have seen. I managed it without walking (i was riding a trike with a 26x34 gear). There is a steep one at robin hoods bay, it's 30% or 33% cannot remember which.

colly

Re member eR
LeeW said:
I've been up hardknott and that is the steepest I have seen. I managed it without walking (i was riding a trike with a 26x34 gear). There is a steep one at robin hoods bay, it's 30% or 33% cannot remember which.

I saw some daft driver who having ignored all warnings NOT to drive down into the centre of the village doing his best to reverse UP, because he couldn't turn round at the bottom.

I don't know what eventually happened to him, the last I saw he was surrounded laughing peds. and by clouds of smoke fumes from his clutch, the car stuttering to a halt.

Maybe he is still there.:blush::laugh:

Top Bottom