Scary road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've tried and failed (but only just) to do the 25% one that kicks off the Cotswold Corker on a 39/21 - so I take my hat off to Fossyant!

postman

Legendary Member
The loafer what a brill photo.Cycling ,that picture says it all.Magnificent.

postman

Legendary Member
Go on put it up.I can honestly tell you that picture has just affected me so much.

I might be an old fart but that is just everything about cycling to me.Thanks for putting it up.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hardknottgoingdown.jpg

OP
OP
Tarbo

Tarbo

fossyant said:
Tarbo,

The second one is Hillside in Prestatyn isn't it.....overlooking the coast.

I've been up that bugger in a....wait for it....42 x 21...hah hah.... must have been stoopid. Hair pins at the bottom, then just goes up straight vertical.... :smile:

Correctimundo ! It's the one in Prestatyn. We went out for a drive and I went that way to show the kids the view. Then we went down it and that was bad enough. However, I wouldn't even think of attempting it in anything less than a compact.......

colly said:
Good going Tarbo. As a matter of interest what gear were you using?

From the pic it looks like you have a double.

I was using a compact with a 34 x 25. It was bloody hard work though. I think it is the steepness that gets you, as I passed a few people with compacts fitted and even one old guy pushing his bike fited with a triple. My buddy had a 34 x 26 but had to get off and push. I think a lot of it is psychological aswell, I have never had to push up a hill (yet), and that's the motivation to keep me going. My buddy on the other hand said he'd resinged himself to walking even before he crossed the cattle grid at the bottom !!!

OP
OP
Tarbo

Tarbo

Having looked at theloafer's picture it reminded me that during the descent, I thought it would be harder if doing it from the other side. I may be wrong, but I don't ever intend trying it from the other side to find out :smile:

Top Bottom