schadenfreude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I agree, you are correct, the ultimate responsibility is the van drivers. I offered for consideration that had it not been for the confrontational attitude of the cyclist, the van driver may not have been distracted and thus might have avoided the shunt and therefore the the inconvenience to all concerned especially the driver of the estate car.

It is possible that the driver of the car could potentially in some perverted and delusional manner imagine that the cyclist was the cause of the incident.
Exactly, think about the driver rear ended.

I had something very similar happen to me in Reading last year. I had to avoid a sunken drain cover, and the guy behind didn't appreciate it, whilst he was shouting and waving at me, the van in front had stopped, cue the accident, him jumping out and being a total dick, and failing to notice the fully marked police car behind him:laugh:

kiriyama

Huge over reaction by the cyclist to a non event, this sort of thing happens in busy traffic and he was in no actual danger. In that situation i might have had a bit of a swear and gestured at the driver to pay attention, but it didn't require an agresive confrontation.

not defending the driver at all, he was a nob as well...

Some of these cycle cam people have a real misplaced sence of superiority and need to wind their necks in... makes us all look bad and turns drivers against us.

That parody someone posted the other day was spot on!

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I've riden with self righteous types on both bikes and motorbikes and they all have one thing in common; In their heads, they've never done anything wrong, never made an ill-timed manoeuvre*, never had a lapse of concentration. They are a paragon on their own perfection. The other thing they had in common is that we're dip-shoots willing to 'assert their rights' even if it meant ending up in a hospital bed through collision, or a kicking.

I can only assume being 'right' will mend bones quicker. They all had one other thing in common - They were short arses. That could be a coincidence; I'm just putting it out there.

I'd love to get their extensive video footage and rape it for evidence of all the people they unjustly pissed off, by failing to stop coming on to a roundabout, etc. I'll bet there's hours of it.

Russell

* I drive a company car. I once arrived back at work from site with a rather noticeable vertical dent up the rear of my Ford Kuga. I'd reversed into a lamp post. The MD asked why didn't I stop when the parking sensors went off? I replied " they don't really work at that speed....

Origamist

Legendary Member
Havnt we discussed this elsewhere?

I thought it was a staged video. The van was miles away from him at the start, which I thought was a bit of a giveaway.

Staged?! It's just bad driving.

Top Bottom