Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
beta&t=CSuubFtxhovb437icAc5gdWJrYAvEnEbL3MIKOo_0Dw.jpg

Visiting a new build factory. Lots and lots of lovely glulam

View attachment 680160

Visiting a new build factory. Lots and lots of lovely glulam

Lovely. Is it a metal frame with cladding or all wood?

Joey Shabadoo

Is that a rigid (portal frame) connection between the columns and the main roof beams? I've never seen anything like it before.

You have a sharper eye than I - dunno.

Joey Shabadoo

20230310_135520.jpg

Another new timber frame house factory. Been involved in this one since the design stage and it's interesting seeing it take shape. Over 200,000 square feet and they're now realising it's too small.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, I've answered a few client queries so that sort-of counts as work...
zebras.jpg

elephants at watering hole.jpg

osriches.jpg

This is Addo Elephant Park, near Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
It's fenced in and patrolled, so like Woburn Safari Park, but about twice the size of Anglesey.
We did a game drive with a ranger and about 20 other people, then after lunch we drove from top to bottom along (mostly) dirt roads.
There's nothing that takes abuse like a hire car, after all.
We saw Red Hartebeest, Kudu, quite possibly some Springboks, Eland (all antelopey things), Zebras, Buffalos, Warthogs, loads of different birds, and loads of elephants of varying sizes and degrees of babyness. The rhinos live in a bit you can't get to without 4WD and more driving skills than I possess. What we probably saw most of was dung beetles. They're protected, and very hard to get a photo of without getting out of the car, which is frowned upon and can result in getting eaten.

Last edited:
Top Bottom