show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

choplee

11856622985_714d947c57_z.jpg
11856824953_f3c500f2dc_z.jpg

Well I broke my New Years resolution of no N+1's already - this is my new to me, a 2010 Trek District 1 gates carbon belt drive that's only done 40 miles since new. It's in mint condition and rides amazing, it's so quiet and so so lite.

nice little run about you have there fella and new years resolutions are there to be broken as you've shown ...:whistle:

me to :tongue:

SS Retro

January Sales Bargain Cinelli:

Bought this a couple of weeks ago I wasn't after a new bike especially not an aluminium one!
But I have always liked the classic Italian brands and have hankered after a campag equipped machine albeit a steel one (do already have a modern Reynolds Steel road bike).

Anyway as you do was doing a bit of online window shopping when I noticed this 2013 Cinelli down from a grand to £599. I checked the specs, Campagnolo Veloce equipped, Cinelli finishing kit, non to shabby Miche rims with paired and bladed spokes and found you can by it frame only for £500. Added to the basket! (after a quick word with Mrs Retro) :thumbsup: Strange thing was soon as I bought it the price went up? I did check and it was cheapest of anywhere online.

DSCF5784.jpg

I have made a couple of changes carbon and polycarbonate headset spacers, Selcof carbon cages, Selcof carbon seat post both Italian and in keeping, I already had the XLC brakes block holders so cleaned them up and put some Clarks Elite multi density pads in them, next upgrade will be some tyres but think I will have to look towards Germany for them!

DSCF5787.jpg

DSCF5795.jpg

DSCF5796.jpg

DSCF5803.jpg

There's some nice touches to the Colubus Airplane tubed frame and it rides really well I did 51mile on it on Friday and it was fine in fact rather good and I was surprised it was actually comfortable and yet when you jump up on pedals it really puts the power down. In short I love it but it will be kept for dry days.

Brake bridge detail.

DSCF5800.jpg

I noticed Mrs retro had purchased me some Cinelli Mike Giant velvet art tape for valentines day that should finish it of nicely (she knows I don't like white tape).
cinelli-mike-giant-bar-tape-black-700x700.jpg

Thanks for looking.:smile:

Boyfrom64

Veteran
SS Retro you have one very nice bike. I am starting to look for something new myself and would really like to get myself something Italian if possible.

SS Retro

SS Retro you have one very nice bike. I am starting to look for something new myself and would really like to get myself something Italian if possible.
Well there's lots of bargains out there at the moment on 'italians' whatever your budget or frame material choice, a cycling buddy of mine just picked up a new full carbon Francesco Moser 105 equipped for under a grand. I think the Italian brands get overlooked a lot of the time in favour of the newer brands like Trek, Specialized, Giant ect.

Not sure when I last posted one so here she is again :wub:

20140309_111938-jpg.39506.jpg

She's got an new back LIGHT that's nice and discrete, and a new Cannondale SPEEDSTER saddle bag after I wore out my old one. Other than that she's not changed a great deal. I have got new bar tape to go on as this ones knackered on the tops, (it's black again naturally :becool:), but TBH I can't be arsed doing it ATM! :whistle:

Right then, I'm off out for a pedal in the :sun:

Top Bottom