Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
my 365 day commute ( dont have the cash to have a winter hack or a best bike) :-( plus SWMBO would say more then 1 is too many any hoo

keep pushing man..E V E N T U A L L Y youll get there my OH said ok and shes even adding to the costs for me :thanks:

Today this:

cropped-contopedale-1024x624.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Best i add my commuter as i started the thread - this is what i use for my 30mile round trip commute

2012-01-07102017.jpg

Saddle has now been replaced with a charge spoon and soon to be added rear rack and bag - and SPD SL pedals - tyres replace with conti-gatorskins 28mm

gbb

Legendary Member
I ought to do a before and after...this is my winter/wet weather commuter when first built...

DSC01978.jpg

Basic specs..
1970s Raleigh 531 Clubman, stripped and powdercoated.
Tiagra 9 speed chainset.
Upgraded from cup n cone BB to sealed cartridge type
Sora shifters
Sora front and rear mechs
San Marco Ponza saddle
Shimano WH-R500 wheelset
Sora 8 speed cassette.
Tektro long drop calipers.

Since this photo,
Dawes galaxy handlebars and stem fitted along with Bontrager gel tape.
Quill to ahead steering adapter.
SKS chromoplastic mudguards.

3 years later..it doesnt look this clean and shiny...used all weathers, not spared anything, it looks well used, but still does the business, no complaints.

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
my brand new Boardman Urban Team:

bblurbanteamwebsized.jpg

just got it yesterday!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice !
I like the idea of a recumbant but part of my route is a cyclepath thats so narrow that if you pass another cyclist you both have to stop or one has to go offroad.

Keith Oates

Janner
We don't seem to see so many of the Thorns mentioned on this forum these days but I think they are very good bikes and certainly enjoy riding mine when I get the chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom