Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@Nigelnaturist You have certainly done well putting the miles in lately. You will probably finish the challenge tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to a rest day or maybe two. Winter is to return to Scotland. Couple of very chilly days ahead with even hill snow mentioned.

Hubby made up for the 'HRM-hiding' incident by forcing a restart when I didn't manage to get it going at all, even by plugging into laptop, which I thought might work. First he used a cocktail stick with the little thingy on the back, but then he held down Power, Menu, Reset buttons for several seconds. It didn't work first time, but it did the second.

It may all be down to updating Garmin connect the previous time I logged on?
I had to do some sort of reset on Monday, as the R20 was just flashing three little bars at the bottom of the screen, I though plugging it would at least get me the data after it froze, but the software didn't see it, I unplugged it and thats when the three bars, did some sort of reset got my data it missed 2 miles, but I got it back with a little magic, it turned out the memory was full but i only found that out because I went out for a spin and it said so. Do phones have these problems :laugh:

@Mo1959 thanks, I want to do it going to group on Friday so I can say I did this on the way here because they were all trying to get me to hold back on the distance I do, like try 5 or 10 miles, seriously I said your not even warm by then, besides I ride 5 miles to group. So tomorrow I need about 40Km's or 25 miles and I have a route for that.

Besides my new 40th ring might arrive.

DavidD

Assumed you can drive because of the conversation about land rovers the other night, what I was curious about was wether you owned a car.

Assumed you can drive because of the conversation about land rovers the other night, what I was curious about was wether you owned a car.
We have them in the family.

I had to do some sort of reset on Monday, as the R20 was just flashing three little bars at the bottom of the screen, I though plugging it would at least get me the data after it froze, but the software didn't see it, I unplugged it and thats when the three bars, did some sort of reset got my data it missed 2 miles, but I got it back with a little magic, it turned out the memory was full but i only found that out because I went out for a spin and it said so. Do phones have these problems :laugh:
Never seen it but it obviously can happen. My phone has rather slow software and I got fed up using it for Strava

Morning and welcome to May.
Just adding up the elevation from these
http://www.strava.com/activities/135921436/segments/3078122654 165ft
http://www.strava.com/activities/135921436/segments/3078122671 41ft
http://www.strava.com/activities/135921436/segments/3078122875 266ft
http://www.strava.com/activities/135921436/segments/3078123025 39ft

I get 511ft not 405ft, these segments cover the whole ride and dont overlap, veloviewer gives them a little higher. Even strava own route planner has it at 720ft rwgps showed the ride at 631ft

I saw more cyclists in one day yesterday, than I think in any one other day, except things like the W.N.B.R. which by the way is being run on the 20th of June, in York

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just linked up to veloviewer. How do you show it here? (Might remove it if I don't like the data :laugh::laugh:)
Once you have clicked on connect with Strava and let it update with all your rides, go to the signature image page and decide with the little tables how you want your data to appear. Once you are happy with it, there is a box with the image url to copy and paste onto your Strava profile settings. I am trying to remember if it did it directly or if I had to paste it onto word or something first??? Maybe getting mixed up with the mycyclelog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom