Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What was wrong with the first frame Ian ?

miss-aligned drop out

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I like the curved seatstays, but is that stack height within the spec? That's a tonne of spacers could cause a bit of unwanted flex! Or is that just until you find the right height to get the steerer cut to?
The Enigma does have a short head tube and I am a tall bloke. The bike size is a 57, my other bikes are 58cm. I didn't want to go bigger with the enigma (the next size up is 59)
I have measured this bike and my others, and from the the bottom of the forks to the bottom of the stem they all measure 68cm, so with all the spacers it is the right height for me. I will try it with a couple of spacers removed before I make my final decision though, but judging it on the 50 odd miles I've ridden so far I think it will stay like this (I haven't noticed any extra flex)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What are your opinions on carbon v titanium

Well I have ridden Carbon for the last 3 years and I love it. Lovely, easy, smooth ride with quick acceleration. I have only done 300 odd miles on Ti and I am loving it already. Not as quick in the acceleration as carbon but it's a lovely smooth ride. The second ride was a 150 miler and I got off the bike as fresh as a daisy, felt like I could do double the mileage easy.
I am going to have a bit of trouble choosing which bike to take out on rides. How nice :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well I have ridden Carbon for the last 3 years and I love it. Lovely, easy, smooth ride with quick acceleration. I have only done 300 odd miles on Ti and I am loving it already. Not as quick in the acceleration as carbon but it's a lovely smooth ride. The second ride was a 150 miler and I got off the bike as fresh as a daisy, felt like I could do double the mileage easy.
I am going to have a bit of trouble choosing which bike to take out on rides. How nice :thumbsup:

Hmmmm I am think about buying a new bike next year, I went to leeds yesterday to have a look at one of these:

pinarello-fp-due-105-2012-road-bike.jpg

It is a lovely bike and the frame feels great quality and well built but for an expensive bike I couldnt understand why they use such cheap wheels.

Then I saw one of these

12119-34199-full-kimera_ud_ult-134.jpg

But no one seems to have heard of them but they are a lot cheaper and a similar spec.

So now I dont know I will have to also checkout some titanium bikes as well

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hmmmm I am think about buying a new bike next year, I went to leeds yesterday to have a look at one of these:

pinarello-fp-due-105-2012-road-bike.jpg

It is a lovely bike and the frame feels great quality and well built but for an expensive bike I couldnt understand why they use such cheap wheels.

Pinarello are always "overpriced". They sell alu bikes with Sora at around £1k. Also even on high end bikes, the wheels are always the place they cut corners, IMO it makes sense, if someone is going to spend a lot of money on a bike, they will likely want to choose what wheels to run, so the manufacturer saves you a bit of cash on the initial purchase by putting shoot wheels on it, then you can upgrade them.

But no one seems to have heard of them

Koga (or Koga Miyata, as it used to be) is Dutch - one of those brands that has always been about - I certainly wouldn't have any hesitation in buying one. They've won world titles back in the 90s and more recently, Mark Beaumont rode a Koga on his televised round the world trip a couple of years back....

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
one of those brands that has always been about - I certainly wouldn't have any hesitation in buying one. They've won world titles and Mark Beaumont rode a Koga on his televised round the world trip a couple of years back....

I know what you mean but whenever I google the bike the only results I get are the shop in tadcaster that are selling them.

But after looking at the Pinarello I shall cetainly give the Koga another look when I am ready to buy next year as they certainly seem much better value for money.

Top Bottom