Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
@jowwy
Looks really nice... would look fabulous without the wheel decals. :thumbsup: Go for the stolen bike look my man.

:dry:

It seems people have diametrically opposite experiences with regard to delivery times. So far, when I've asked further questions, it seems that it all comes down to managing expectations (for both parties) i.e. regular communication and ensuring there is no room for misunderstanding. YMMV.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
MM did indeed V.
On all 3 occasions............

On a positive note, when you get the bike, it'll be sensational.
Which model are you getting Rebecca ?

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
That's going to be a beautiful bike Rebecca.

I wonder if the drop-outs that Mark showed you were mine ? ^_^
Going down the disc route is, IMO, a good one.
Have you considered some of the new breed of wider wheels ? I'm running some Velocity A23s and I like how they ride and handle with 28mm tyres fitted.
I went for "bling":- red hubs, discs and QRs (all from Hope).

That's going to be a beautiful bike Rebecca.
I hope so!!!!
I wonder if the drop-outs that Mark showed you were mine ? ^_^
If yours are Paragon rear dropouts for discs and mudguards, then probably the same ones. I got the last ones Enigma had in stock at the time and I understand they were then as rare as hens' teeth....
Going down the disc route is, IMO, a good one..
My boyfriend (Flying Dodo of this parish) has them on the commuting bike he bought last year - sounds like a good option. Wish I could put them on my work bike but sadly Surly Cross Check frames won't take 'em.
Have you considered some of the new breed of wider wheels ?
I'm running some Velocity A23s and I like how they ride and handle with 28mm tyres fitted.
Not sure what you mean by "wider".... I don't do narrower than 28s.
I went for "bling":- red hubs, discs and QRs (all from Hope).
Yeah, I'm partial to a bit of red bling myself but trying to take a restrained approach!!

ETA: So when are you going to post up some photos of your finished build? :smile:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Not sure what you mean by "wider".... I don't do narrower than 28s.
There is a lot of interest in wheels that have wider rims than normal eg 19 instead of 17mm so that the tyres are a different shape (less of a teardrop).
For the speed merchants amongst us, this gives a more aerodynamic profile.
The rest of us benefit from a more stable tyre and a bigger footprint for more grip, a better ride and less chance of "snake-bite" punctures.
So far, it's worked for me.

I hope so!!!!

If yours are Paragon rear dropouts for discs and mudguards, then probably the same ones. I got the last ones Enigma had in stock at the time and I understand they were then as rare as hens' teeth....
Yes, that's what I have. They're beautiful bits of engineering.

I hope so!!!!

ETA: So when are you going to post up some photos of your finished build? :smile:

When it's built !
I'm waiting for some bits to arrive before I let the LBS loose on it.
Needless to say, pictures will follow.
I hope so!!!!

Yeah, I'm partial to a bit of red bling myself but trying to take a restrained approach!!

Go on, you know you want to....................

8598656892_a397bdb856_z.jpg
DSC_0279
by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

8597553145_82467729e5_z.jpg

DSC_0276 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

re: red bling
At the moment, I'm confining it to the CK headset and various "bolts" e.g. bottle cage bolts, seat clamp bolt, etc. I'm still debating about red skewers.
The Exposure dynamo wheel next year will have the red hub option.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom