Show us your - winter hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Cheers Dude I know you're definitely anti-campy, but as you know I bit the bullet having never used it before. It's different isn't it? I feel it suits this bike to be honest, (just as well, can't afford to swop it!), but I would never have it on my CAAD10

It's always good to try new things :smile:

Campag is, just too much of an " industrial " feel to it for me, that said, on that bike, if you can get along with it, then it's well suited, but yeah, would never chose to have have it as a groupo on my best bike, either SRAM or shimano for me ! :smile:

Quick update on my winter build. It's now 100% finished, (oh! except the panniers!). Fitted a Brooks rear mudflap, computer I got of rockyracoon now fitted, Topeak Whitelites upfront, Cateye TL-LD610 LED White Lens Rear Light on a Cateye Rear Carrier Mounting at the back, (obviously), and stuck a pair of flashing bar end lights in a as well.

The seat pack will go back on the Langster Steel once I've sorted the panniers out.

Just need Lidl to open on Monday for the panniers and Bobs' your Uncle :thumbsup:

img0926ec.jpg

img0927dg.jpg

img0928ig.jpg

img0929yp.jpg

Moodyman

Legendary Member
My 4 season hack. A bit heavy but hopefully reliable, sturdy and maintenance free.

Unless you're Richard Branson, at £1k, that's hardly a hack is it?
biggrin.gif

Got one meeself. It's a solid bike and I don't notice the weight when riding - only when I have to lift it over the step into the garage.

Thomk

Guru
It's not a hack but I just wanted to post a picture of it to be honest :shy:
Bet mine's heavier than yours, especially after I plonk a great big heavy Lidl pannier onto it on Monday :bicycle:

potsy

Rambler
My new winter commuter, though you may have seen it before :ph34r:
Tricross Elite, disc brakes, full guards and 32 semi knobbly tyres :biggrin:
clean 3.jpg

Reluctant

My old minger, which does 90% of commuting duties - maybe with a change of tyres if it snows. Truly made of old rubbish and costs nothing to run :smile: No point in dragging a decent bike through the filth.

BIKES014.jpg

I'm With Stupid

scaled.php

I'll update the pic when it's finished :thumbsup:
Why did old bikes have such huge frames? My flatmate's just bought an 80s Miyata bike, and it has a similarly tall frame.

Actually, now I look at it, the frame is nowhere near as tall as your Peugeot, but it's still taller than my bike (the one in the background).

bike.jpg

We don't really have winter here, so I don't have a winter bike.

Top Bottom