Signs we're living in the future

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I've heard even women have the vote now.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Check the second set of dates!
Yebbut, sa fake innit.

The genuine article...
image.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
BTTF day is top line of the time circuits, Oct 21st 2015. And I want my auto-adjusting jacket and sneakers!
The jacket I'm not sure about, but the shoes may be ready in time :okay:: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/01/back-to-the-future-ii-shoes-will-be-released-this-year/

It's remote online gaming that does it for me.

I can sit in someone's house and use their wifi to play my playstation at my own house. I use a portable ps vita which just shows the screen and sends the signals with the ps4 doing the hard work. Simultaneously other people across the world are playing the same game, and the Internet and machines can register and interpret all those signals fast enough that its perfectly seamless.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Further in the Idiocracy vein, my wife, who works in IT, is living through this now. Having recently been kicked upstairs/sideways (opinions vary) and had her role supplanted by a cheaper, far inferior version of herself, she now gets to watch as he and his team destroy the code she has nurtured and been the guardian of for a decade. They don't even appear to be able to write code: they're cut and paste artists, to put it kindly. There is a very large disaster in the making (lives won't be lost, just money), but she is powerless to stop it, as the powers that be are all living in one hellish strand of the future, where knowledge isn't prized, it's inconvenient.

On a more optimistic note, the video transfer to my new phone was a success, the wifi capability is a splendid improvement on my last phone, and best of all, there is no game of Snake to pointlessly eat up even more of my valuable time. What I'll do with those 20,000 points I'll never know, it's not as if they're like nectar points...

Last edited:
Top Bottom