silliness with cake...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor and I had a very silly conversation a while back, which ended up on the topic of battenburg cake, and it's geometric properties. So, this weekend, we got together the necessary ingredients:smile::

S7001699.jpg

and set to work:

S7001701.jpg

and proved that yes, you can play draughts on a battenburg board:biggrin:!

S7001705.jpg

I (white) lost....;)

Not only that, you can produce all kinds of 'art', with a bit of care - the marzipan tends to crumble a bit.

S7001709.jpg

S7001710.jpg

We thought of loads more. You could mess with someone's mind, if you unwrapped a cake, cut it in half, reversed one end and re-wrapped it - the ends wouldn't match!:blush:

Trouble is, with a whole battenburg each to polish off afterwards, we felt a bit sick...:eek:

Excellent silliness though!

mr Mag00

rising member
rofl!!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
Need we ask what happened to the captured pieces?

Presumably, only one game was possible without re-provisioning...

Well, we had some back up stock still in the bags... But eventually you'd run out, yes... :blush:

Although you have to save some in hand to crown any piece that makes it across to be a king...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm hoping you didn't have a cake stop on your ride after the game of draughts ;) There was enough on the board for a weeks worth of cake stops :blush:

Bigtallfatbloke

what kind of games can be played with a swiss roll?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
How old are you ? Get on that bike and pedal if off !!! A whole cake - you greedy pigs !

They say you're only as old as the woman you feel, so that makes him 39...:eek:

In our defence, we had been for a bike ride the day before. Although it was via a Thorntons coffee shop at the retail outlet place (I needed some new trainer/walking type shoes) and a pub lunch...:sad:

All credit to TheDoctor for putting up with me shoe shopping BTW - I hate it, and if I don't find the thing I want cheaply and quickly, I get very bad tempered. Why o why o why are trainers in ladies' sizes so often pink, for god's sake?:biggrin:

On the other hand, hoorah for kids' shoes that go up to size five, and are VAT exempt....:biggrin:

We did discuss other cake/game combos, but couldn't think of many others that would work so well...

Top Bottom