Silly place names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Having a brother called Andrew makes this hill which I cycle past rather amusing.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3022161

On holiday in Yorkshire my kids found Butt Lane in Howarth and Fanny Street in Saltaire very amusing.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Within a few miles of each other in Newcastle: Kenton, Denton, Benton.... and Longbenton, which sounds more painful.

No Place and Wideopen.

There's a dentist's practice in Wideopen... how fantastic's that!
dont forget Quaking Houses and Wallish Walls

stephec

Legendary Member
There's a place near Bolton called Nob end.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ab Kettleby always makes me smile.

Although I have a filthy little mind it was my sister that said that out of her 4 brothers it was only me who could live in Hardwick. Until then, I hadn't noticed!

hoopdriver

Guru
I often cycle down Dumb Woman Lane, near Winchelsea. I have been to Twatt in Orkney, and the Twatt in Shetland too. I once nearly bought a house on Kook Street in a small town in South Australia. I have been to Dull Centre (Wyoming) Bland (West Virginia) and Boring (Oregon). I have also been to Intercourse, Pennsylvania and nearby Bird-in-Hand.

I have also been to Truth or Consequences, New Mexico and North Pole, Alaska. While in Alaska, a couple hours south of Fairbanks, I stopped off at a roadhouse called Slippery Dick's Halfway Inn. It had a chainsaw sculpture of two bears fornicating in the front yard and a whole lot of very earthy redneck humour tacked up around the place. Class.

A couple years ago I went to the not-too-hard-to-spell À in Norway. It was near Hell.

Top Bottom