Silly STRAVA Racing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I think I've found out why I've been missing out on logging so many segments, look at this screengrab following a ride that was tracked with my Samsung Galaxy S

I was in fact on the B1113! :laugh:

I got a Garmin for that very reason. My HTC Desire had a really annoying habit of putting me about 10 ft of track every few rides. Damned annoying when you were going balls out for a few segments, you upload only to find you haven't registered any of the segments you have ridden through.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yup! I've had a Holux GPS for longer than I've been using Strava (by about 18 months) but it's a bind to have to export and import! I want it all! Now! *runs off making noise like gas escaping*

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Apologies in advance if this is really obvious or otherwise more easily accessible, but i noticed if you go to your created segments, you can edit the url with someone elses athlete number and see all the segments theyve created. Probably not overly helpful where its busy with hundreds of riders, but the same names pop up a lot around here so its cool to see which segments theyve made :smile:

doctornige

Out in the countryside South of Manchester and up into the Peaks you are quite often up against pros from various teams including the Rapha guys and even some of the GB team. They kick butt on some sections particularly long steep climbs despite their rides being 100 miles plus. Makes you realise you aren't even vaguley fast as they won't even be trying. It is good fun though.

And Fred Salmon. The crazy man just posted KOM for the Brickworks.

I knew that GB are training here, but didn't realise that Rapha were at it too.

N.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
And Fred Salmon. The crazy man just posted KOM for the Brickworks.

I knew that GB are training here, but didn't realise that Rapha were at it too.

N.

He seems to be segment hunting. The rides he logs are just the climbs, albeit pretty quick ones.

Have a look at this ride

http://app.strava.com/rides/13194971

Faster than Mark Lovatt who won the National Hill Climb over The Cat a few years ago.

There are three Rapha riders riding out of Middlewich, Kristian House, Mike Cummings and Chris Jennings, who all log on Strava. I rode over Alderley to Macclesfield with Mike Cummings a couple of months ago. Really down to earth guy, totally un-snobby despite riding at elite level. He had a moan about some of the GB riders refusing to acknowledge other cyclists despite having raced against them for years. His dad used to run a bike shop in Macclesfield which shut earlier in the year.

I noticed something last night: Strava has QOM! So I've changed my gender from "not saying" to "female" and due to the fact that so few women use Strava, I may be able to move from several hundred down the rankings to a few Queens!

Wooooo!

(yes, I am a woman!)

OK, it turns out QOM is not that big a thing. I got an email telling me I'd lost a QOM, clicked the link and wondered if I'd even been there. It turns out it was during my long slow pootle to Brighton on my folder with a working derailleur.

Then I looked at the times ...
qom.png

weeeeeee! so fast.

Even better is this one, cruising behind a supermarket in Melbourne,
target.png

doctornige

Do you use Strava, Hacienda? Is it possible to follow you?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Double Dip is back under my belt. Slow start to segment due to traffic, but lights were in my favour. Also chasing a junction jumping hybrid rider. ^_^ Potsy, I knocked John off, didn't know he had got it recently, I was knocked off by a second a month or two back.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Got my 'recently stolen' KOM back this evening and I wasn't even going flat out!! Dozy ped crossed in front of me at one stage then stopped and kind of walked back when she saw me coming up the climb at pace. I hate it when people are indecisive.

400bhp

Guru
Got one back that I lost a couple of months ago. It's a road I use a lot for commutes and it's the first time I can remember ever having the one set of lights in my favour. Had plenty left in the tank too. Nice of the outgoing KoM to give me kudos too.:thumbsup:

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom