Silver Laguna driver - Bless you Sir

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
To the gentleman who stopped on the Denhead to Peat Inn road in a rural part of NE Fife this afternoon, to make sure I was alright, thank you for your consideration.
I gave a hamstring a sharp tug, honking up a hill and was forced to perform a rapid stop and abandonment, resulting in me dropping the bike on the grass verge while clutching the back of my left leg.
When I spoke to the driver of the Laguna to confirm that I was alright he mentioned that he was a cyclist.
So, on the off chance you read this. Thank you.

scots_lass

Hope you recovered quickly and got home ok. As far as the driver goes, there still are some gentlemen of the road!

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hope that you are ok today?:sad:

what a nice driver to do that. I have had a couple of gents stop and ask if I am ok on the cycle path and I was only blowing my nose :smile: There are some nice people out there

;)

There are still plenty of good eggs about.

I had a bloke in a car stop and make sure I was OK, offering to go home and get tools if needed, once when I was on the way to work: I was only fixing a puncture and had all I needed with me, but it was a nice offer nonetheless.

Also, a bloke in a van stopped to offer help once when I was faffing about in a little lane: I was only having a rest stop and tinkering with my computer but he stopped to make sure I was OK.

And all this in the Sarf East - not known for being friendly!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh yes - I once filled my car with the wrong fuel (don't ask) got 200 yards up the road then conked out in the middle of a busy junction. During the 40 minutes I waited for the AA to tow me about 6 people stopped to offer help, including four pissed-up lads coming out of a pub (I declined) and one young lad in a chavvy car to whom I blurted something about the wrong fuel and who reappeared 10 minutes later with a can of fuel he'd gone and bought! Amazing!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Rigid Raider said:
I stopped and gave a cyclist a lift home once. Does that make me a Gentleman?

That depends, do you still have them in your car boot or a homemade dungeon?

Maizie

Guru
What a star, I salute that gentleman.

I was driving home a week or so ago, I could see that further up the bypass a cyclist had just pulled in to a bit where the verge is concrete not grass. I have in the past stopped there for a rest, but I noticed that as he stopped, and the bike went straight down on its side so I thought maybe there was a problem, though what use I am as a girlie non-technical type to a bloke in proper lycra on a proper road bike I don't know.
Anyway, as I got nearer I realised he'd not had any catastrophic mechanical issues, but instead he had urgently pulled over in order to scoff a load of blackberries from the hedge that runs alongside, so I ceased slowing down to offer assitance and made a mental note to stop there for fruit picking in future!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was walking up a steep hill once (the Nick of Pendle) when a bunch of roadies came charging up the road so I pretended I was picking blackberries until they had gone.

iLB

Hello there
Rigid Raider said:
I was walking up a steep hill once (the Nick of Pendle) when a bunch of roadies came charging up the road so I pretended I was picking blackberries until they had gone.

brilliant :biggrin:

Rigid Raider said:

as i would too!!! they're scary people those roadies going up there :smile: :biggrin:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Rigid Raider said:

I pretended I had cramp once when I was a beginner and couldn't manage a hill. I couldn't face the shame of telling the lycra adonis who stopped to ask if I was ok that I was just unfit. :biggrin:

I did that hill again last week and it's TINY.

Top Bottom