six months to live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

A friend asked me - at lunchtime in sobriety - what I'd do if I was told I had six months to live.

I said I'd get addicted to heroin and sit around listening to the most monged out music imaginable.

He looked shocked and disgusted and said "Well, I would travel the world, gaining new experiences". I like him but he's a bit of sap like that.

I reckon that most sane people would take the heroin option rather than travelling the world spreading their final misery.

Danny

Legendary Member
Most people would want to live live to the full in the time they have left.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Danny said:
Most people would want to live live to the full in the time they have left.

Not if your inevitable death was making you depressed. You'd take drugs.

Oh yeah, I'm about to die. Let's go skiing and hope that my impending death will impress a chalet maid.

Peter

Danny said:
Most people would want to live life to the full in the time they have left.

That's an interesting comment and I suppose it depends on how old you are.
Why wait until you are too old to enjoy anything or the death sentence is upon you before you decide to "live it up"?

yenrod

Abitrary said:
A friend asked me - at lunchtime in sobriety - what I'd do if I was told I had six months to live.

I said I'd get addicted to heroin and sit around listening to the most monged out music imaginable.

He looked shocked and disgusted and said "Well, I would travel the world, gaining new experiences". I like him but he's a bit of sap like that.

I reckon that most sane people would take the heroin option rather than travelling the world spreading their final misery.

It'd be interesting to see what greedo's got to say on this ;)

Danny

Legendary Member
Peter said:
That's an interesting comment and I suppose it depends on how old you are.
Why wait until you are too old to enjoy anything or the death sentence is upon you before you decide to "live it up"?
Because at the moment I have to work for a living.

If I was diagnosed with terminal illness I'd cash in my pension and have as much fun as I could for as long as I could.

Then I might do some drugs to take the edge off things.

Noodley

User3094 said:
Abitary you speak great truth - perhaps you have seen death?

No, I think 'perhaps' he has seen drugs ;)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Danny said:
If I was diagnosed with terminal illness I'd cash in my pension and have as much fun as I could for as long as I could.

Well, this is the thing. We don't know if it involves illness. My mate is a bit weird and might have had an imaginary hitman in mind to pop me off.

hmmm, with that in mind maybe a self defence course and some gun skills would be in order.

Danny

Legendary Member
You never mentioned a hit man. I'd take off for some remote part of Canada where I'd be protected by snow fields and blizzards in winters, and grizzly bears in the summer.

Noodley

If it was a hitman death surely what you'd want to do was get another hitman organised to hit the other hitman before the hit?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Danny said:
You never mentioned a hit man. I'd take off for some remote part of Canada where I'd be protected by snow fields and blizzards in winters, and grizzly bears in the summer.

I never mentioned any method of dying. I was just told that I had sixth months and what would I do. I'm just hedging my bets with the heroin.

I'd want my end to be respectable.

BUT, I'd still want to get my cock out on Stockport Train Station. Just after they announce "passengers with tickets for the 07.54 cannot travel on the 07.30 even though you're there and there is obviously seats free"

Definitely cock out and then get up to more mischief. Decathlons parts dept is a likely target.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

cheadle hulme said:
I'd want my end to be respectable.

BUT, I'd still want to get my cock out on Stockport Train Station. Just after they announce "passengers with tickets for the 07.54 cannot travel on the 07.30 even though you're there and there is obviously seats free"

Definitely cock out and then get up to more mischief. Decathlons parts dept is a likely target.

er, yes. very noble still going into work despite the bad news. And buying brake pads.

Top Bottom