six months to live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

cheadle hulme said:
I'd want my end to be respectable.

BUT, I'd still want to get my cock out on Stockport Train Station. Just after they announce "passengers with tickets for the 07.54 cannot travel on the 07.30 even though you're there and there is obviously seats free"

Definitely cock out and then get up to more mischief. Decathlons parts dept is a likely target.

Well respectable ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Six weeks to live, but at least I'm not in Journey.

D

Deleted member 1258

Abitrary said:
A friend asked me - at lunchtime in sobriety - what I'd do if I was told I had six months to live.

I said I'd get addicted to heroin and sit around listening to the most monged out music imaginable.

He looked shocked and disgusted and said "Well, I would travel the world, gaining new experiences". I like him but he's a bit of sap like that.

I reckon that most sane people would take the heroin option rather than travelling the world spreading their final misery.

I would want to spend the final months having quality time with my family.

Mr Pig

Night Train said:
I would counter the nocebo effect.

Interesting read.

When you think about it, it's all kind of academic as we're all going to die quite soon anyway. In the grand scheme of things human life is not very long.

What I find surprising is that many people live their lives as though they are not going to die, and when death does come knocking on the door treat it as a terrible injustice. But we all die, it's the only thing you can be certain of, so why do so many people pretend it's never going to happen to them?

I have no idea what I'd do. I don't think I'd know until it happened. Like the drugs idea though. I got a Morphine shot once and it was great :0)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Mr Pig said:
Interesting read.
Yeah, many years ago I was told by a doctor that I had arthritis in my legs. I went down hill from there, ended my athletics ability at school, ended up on crutches to walk due to the joint pain and things looked dire.
Then a change in diet took the pain away and I realised that I didn't have arthritis at all, I could walk and run again and it was my diet that caused my joint pain.
Even going back to the same diet only causes a bit of discomfort but not debilitating arthritis.

So I use the placebo effect of telling myself that I am super fit, super strong and immortal and I find that I am much more active and willing to be active then I would otherwise be. I also look about half my age and don't consider myself to be a middle aged git.

So, six months to live? Nah, I think not.:sad:

Top Bottom