England : Greater Manchester Skolly's Manchester New Years Day social ride - 30 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My sister was coughing for over 3 months like that with one of the nasty bugs currently touring the UK!
Nearly killed Mrs Icy and she's one cold hard Icy mutha"**"*" ..
It's definitely a bad one...

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Skud & Fossy have confirmed so it looks like this is going ahead :okay:

Just done a final check of the BBC weather site and despite early pessimism it looks like we should just catch a shower at the start but this improves quickly. I'm not expecting an awful ride at all and if anyone would like to join us then we will be planning to leave Shambles Square at 10am.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good ride, Skolly taking us on a magical mystery tour (me and Skud) of Southern Manchester (PS I know South Manchester) but Skolly picked up just about every knook and cranny, including a bit of CX action round a small 'secret lake' whilst we didn't have suitable tyres (I had slicks on the CX). All good fun.

I'm sure Skolly was taking me within about half a mile or less of about 5 places I've worked, via college and via a long gone bike shop where we both bought our first MTB's all those years ago. Lovely lunch (late breakfast) in Bruntwood Park.

30 mile ride, but all three of us did about 50 miles or more as we're all 10 miles or so from the start point.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Cheers Fossy.

It was a great ride of discovery for us all and delivered just what I expected/hoped it would. Taking the path/route less travelled certainly opened our eyes to stuff we just pass by within yards of on a 'normal' ride.

Secret lake was a hidden gem and the sun shone so much it was actually blinding at times. I enjoyed the twisty tour of Stockport town centre and even riding through the flooded paths of Wythenshawe park with resultant wet feet was entertaining.

The main thing about the whole thing is that it was fun. Pace might not have been impressive but we meandered, we chatted, we explored and we enjoyed ourselves. What better way to start the year?

IMG_20240101_105120.jpg

IMG_20240101_105135.jpg

IMG-20240101-WA0001.jpeg

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Lovely sunny day. :sun:

Top Bottom