sky ride bradford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
anyone coming to West Yorkshire's finest city for this?

i've never done one of these but as it's only a couple of miles down the road i feel it's something i should turn upto.

They've recently announced the route which takes in some of the historical bits of the city.

I might do a few laps and then go off an do my normal sunday ride in the country.

Fitfran

i've never done one of these but as it's only a couple of miles down the road i feel it's something i should turn upto.

They've recently announced the route which takes in some of the historical bits of the city.

I might do a few laps and then go off an do my normal sunday ride in the country.

Fitfran

Hi Paul you are more than welcome to join us. We are hoping for around 5000 people during the day so the more the merrier!
You could also sign up to do one of the Sky Ride Locals - just check out the website goskyride.com for details.
Take care and stay safe!

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
what did anyone else think? Personally i thought it was a tad of a dissapointment.

I know Bradford is hilly, but it was not really a route to encourage begineers or kids with the long climb upto the Park proving to be quite a challenge for family groups. The wind didn't help admitedly.

I also thought the turn out was not great. Were i not a keen cyclist i dare say i wouldn't have known about it. Spoke to a bloke who was a cyclist who lived very near Peel Park, and he said he didn't know 'owt about it and only pitched up as he saw everybody there.

10 out of 10 for the initiative and thanks for coming to Bradford but if the same event is going to happen next year, maybe more can be done on the promotional front.

Steve H

Large Member
I did this today with wife and two kids (9 and 6). Little bit hilly for the youngsters, but they got round without too much walking. All the aches were soon forgotten when they realised there was a load of free stuff on offer - free bouncy castles, free rock climbing, free drinks.

Top day. Would highly recommend these sky rides for families.

Top Bottom