SKYride London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone registered for Skyride London on 5th Sept. The route is still to be announced but it sounds like a good idea. I am thinking of turning this into a longer ride, by riding up from Rochester and then home again. I will probably go up via the old A2, via Gravesend Dartford, Bexleyheath etc. Then return via Bromley, Chislehurst, Swanley. If anyone fancies meeting up, please let me know.

Tim

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I haven't decided yet. I was going to possibly get the train up from Epsom. I'll have the boy on the back of the bike, so won't be able to make a full day out of it but thought a couple of hours would be fun.

Has anyone registered for Skyride London on 5th Sept. The route is still to be announced but it sounds like a good idea. I am thinking of turning this into a longer ride, by riding up from Rochester and then home again. I will probably go up via the old A2, via Gravesend Dartford, Bexleyheath etc. Then return via Bromley, Chislehurst, Swanley. If anyone fancies meeting up, please let me know.

Tim

no idea which route the Sunday London Ride is going to go this weekend but we will start from the Dripping Tap in Bromley at 0830 on the A21 and most probably head for London then out again. Take a look at the thread as we may well be going some or all the way up that you are !

Clive

OP
OP
D

deckertim

Well I went up to London, but cycled via Otford, Knockholt and Bromley. By the time I got there after 11.30 it was very crowded and I think probably more dangerous than it would have been cycling in London on a normal Sunday! It was interesting to see some of the more unusual bikes and nice to see that cycling is so popular. Cycled back via the A2, stopping at the Blackheath Tea Hut for a much needed cup of tea and some bread pudding. What great value for money. Definitely recommended.

Being from out of town we drove up to Merton (nearest place with decent parking) and got on the Blue Route 7 super bike highway thing in (which was full of parked cars as it has no restrictions on sunday!).
Crowds were a bit of a pain but it gave you time to have a nice look around at the sights and the other riders and bikes.

Ended up cycling about 30 miles which was all stop-start so surprisingly tired out today.

It was a really good event and a good chance to see london without the droan of traffic everywhere.

Top Bottom