Snippets of a conversation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
There was grey 35 too originally. The Ferguson FE-35 just prior to the Massey-Harris Merger but they are easily identified because of the gold engine and chassis with a grey bonnet and mudguards. They usually had a Standard/Leyland 20 diesel engine which was practically impossible to start from cold. The early red MF-35s shared that engine but the more common red ones later came with a 3 cyclinder Perkins engine which was much better if less refined.

Me, I'm upperclass, the first thing I ever drove was a 1958 MF-65 Mk1.:tongue: I was about 6 at the time.

It wasn’t a snippet it was the fully conversation; two women probably both in their late 70’s, at least one was over 75, were talking in the local library.
One was talking to the other one about changing electricity supplier as she could get electricity cheaper by switching suppliers and did the other one “think it was worth it?”
The second lady replied that she obviously thought that it was worth changing to get cheaper electricity; but, said she didn’t think the company would allow the first lady to change.
“Why do you think that is?” asked the first lady
To which the second replied ”well since you found out that over 75’s you can’t be cut off, you’ve not paid your bill and you now owe the electricity company £1800.”
The whole library burst into laughter

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok a photo of the tractor
image.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I remember hearing one in a bar years ago

.... 'Just w*nk him off, don't let him cum in your mouth!'.... :eek:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 3177410, member: 76"]I was waiting at the lights in Churchill and an old chap out walking his dog was chatting to another old boy who had pulled over in his car, the two were clearly old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while, for best effect, read this with a really broad Somerset accent...............

"Ow's yer mum and dad then, they must be getting on a bit now?"
"Oh yeah, nearly 90 the pair of them, but they are fine, fine, they're both fine, except me mam, she died just after Easter"

Then the lights changed and my snapshot into their lives was over. How marvellous to describe your dead parent as 'fine'[/QUOTE]

We used to know a very elderly couple, and when the husband died (age 96), his wife (who must have been about 94 at the time) still talked about him as if he was still there for quite a long time afterwards (they had been married practically since Noah was a boy!:giggle:).

She lived until she was 99.

Top Bottom