some photo's of todays ride with colinj

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Take the bike !!!
I'm back - it's only a short power-walk!

I'm gonna try and wean myself back down to a small beer intake over the weekend and spend August starting to get back into shape.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'm back - it's only a short power-walk!

I'm gonna try and wean myself back down to a small beer intake over the weekend and spend August starting to get back into shape.

Great plan, if I can do anything to help (You know, repay all the help you have given me) just let me know.

Still should have taken the bike....done a few laps , at high speed, making yourself too tired to drink :smile:

ColinJ

Great plan, if I can do anything to help (You know, repay all the help you have given me) just let me know.

Thanks, but I just need to break the habit again. I will have a few nights of disturbed sleep and then things will settle down again. I was knocking myself out with beer through the winter when my mum was dying, and I didn't really cut down enough afterwards.

Still should have taken the bike....done a few laps , at high speed, making yourself too tired to drink :smile:
I may be unfit ... but I'm not that unfit! ;)

The shortest period of exercise to tire myself out is about 45 minutes and that would be flat out on a turbo-trainer. It takes about 4 or 5 hours of road riding to make me go to bed earlier.

ColinJ

Blow weaning - I've sat here on the PC until the shops are shut to avoid the temptation to go and buy beer - it's OJ + water for me tonight! (And probably some vivid dreams when I finally get to sleep ...)

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Blow weaning - I've sat here on the PC until the shops are shut to avoid the temptation to go and buy beer - it's OJ + water for me tonight! (And probably some vivid dreams when I finally get to sleep ...)

Well done mate !!!!

ColinJ

Well, that was interesting! Instead of waking up with a hangover, I've woken up a bit tired from tossing and turning all night.

When I did sleep, I had some wacky dreams including me driving a machine that was a cross between a tractor and a giant quad bike, and towing a plough-type attachment to carve out huge warning messages in a field in case any covert aliens were hovering above the earth and wondering whether to risk a surprise attack!

My message was written in English and Alien (mathematical symbols) and was basically - "We know you are there, but don't f*ck with us - we have secret weapons that you don't know about!"

Then I kind of forgot about the aliens because I was back where I used to work and somebody I worked with was getting married. I couldn't pluck up the nerve to ask what happened to his other wife. Had she run off with his best mate, or died, or was it gonna be plain, old-fashioned bigamy? Even more confusing - it was my ex that he was marrying!

I've done extensive research, and apparently the meaning of these dreams is that ...

I've been drinking too much, so I don't sleep well for a while when I stop! ;)

Garz

Squat Member
Haha interesting story Colin. I dare not trouble you to eat some cheese before bed then!

ColinJ

Haha interesting story Colin. I dare not trouble you to eat some cheese before bed then!
Cheese is on my no-buy list! I'll have the odd cheese and onion toastie at a cafe on a forum ride but if I had bread and cheese in the house, then, er ... soon I wouldn't have! :whistle:

Garz

Squat Member
Mmmmmmmm cheese and red wine!

MUST RESIST :tongue:

ColinJ

Wine is on my no-buy list too - it is too strong and too more-ish! Beer is too bulky to go completely OTT with. (Well, it is for me. My 10 pint nights are a fuzzy memory from over 20 years ago.)

Top Bottom