Somerset levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeltz

Veteran
I'd be up for that :biggrin: rode part of that route on Sunday I think.

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
I will check diary to see what the best day for the ride, it will be a on a Sunday morning
I will check out the route and of course check out for cake stops :biggrin:
Which is most important

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
The date I have planned is Sunday 22nd November, meet @ Highbridge train station @ 9.30 for push off @ 10
is this ok with everyone ?

so far going
Iainj837
Peanut
Domino
jeltz

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
As far as I know it is free, but peanut will know as they used it for the 1st levels ride

peanut

Iain I just checked the route and I don't think this is the same as the 1st levels ride. The ride on your link has a climb of nearly 1000 feet (Bristol Hill )and a total of 1700 feet of climbing.
I'm afraid I will have to pull out I'd never make that climb even on foot :welcome:

Is this the same route that you planned to do ?

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=25275

peanut

Iainj837 said:
I could cut it sort, instead of going into Wells go though Haybridge draycott
then go into Draycott then go to B-O-S

thank you Iain but please don't change the route on my account. Have you climbed Bristol Hill ? it sounds like a bit of a stinker;)

peanut

just checked and Bristol Hill is actually as steep as Porlock Hill is for the first 1000 feet. Its 1000 feet climb over the same distance . Wow only managed Porlock once ever

johnnyh

Veteran
how does it stack up compared to Blagdon Hill?

I would love to join in, but logistically it would be a nightmare, if it started from Wells I would do it, (and enjoy the 20 miles cycling to/from the start/end), but I'm not into driving 80 miles to ride 40, if that makes sense.

Maybe next time,

Have a good ride, and remember, hills don't really exist :biggrin:

Top Bottom