specialized bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ningishzidda

So how did cyclists and bike builders fit the bikes before video cameras and slo-mo replays?

I’ve been to a few bike fit sessions, and they all come down to a few ‘old school’ rules.
1. Metatarsal joint
2. KOPS
3. Line of sight.
4. Spine angle.

The only worthwhile bit of information from the slo-mo was the vertical loci of the patella.
Fine adjustment of seat height while riding on the ergometer shortened this procedure by weeks.

OP
OP
bainy16

bainy16

i've booked in for saturday just hope its worth the money will look at new bikes while there^_^

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
im trying to pursuade the wife to let me have a BG fit, however it will mean a 50 mile round trip and the bike going in the back of my little coupe!should hopefully save my knees a bit though!

do they give you the measurements so i can set the bike up when i get home (seat post out to fit into the car) or will i have to take it outside, measure then dump it in and sort it myself?

fossala

Guru
im trying to pursuade the wife to let me have a BG fit, however it will mean a 50 mile round trip and the bike going in the back of my little coupe!should hopefully save my knees a bit though!

do they give you the measurements so i can set the bike up when i get home (seat post out to fit into the car) or will i have to take it outside, measure then dump it in and sort it myself?
They do them at clive michels in Truro for 120 quid. If you are in Roche it's only a 40 mile round trip. Or cycle to St. Austell and hop on the train.

Phil485

Had an enjoyable and informative afternoon at Sigma Sport in Hampton Wick today. Learnt loads about my bike setup and spent a bit of time modifying my cleats and position.

Really relaxed and laid back approach, no hard sell.

Waiting now for an email with all my measurements.

Top Bottom