Specialized secteur 2010 free hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Does anyone know what size allen key I need to remove the free hub? My 10 mm is too small. Also what the Specialized freehub part number is? Is there an alternative?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Does anyone know what size allen key I need to remove the free hub? My 10 mm is too small. Also what the Specialized freehub part number is? Is there an alternative?

If you shine a torch into it what can you see?

Tim Hall

A bit of googling suggests the part number is S092100007. And try a 12mm allen key. .

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
A bit of googling suggests the part number is S092100007. And try a 12mm allen key. .
Thanks, I did try google but could not find it. The reason I ask about the size is that I don't have one bigger than 10. I will have to buy one and so will need to get it right. I may end up going to the LBS and asking there.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks, I did try google but could not find it. The reason I ask about the size is that I don't have one bigger than 10. I will have to buy one and so will need to get it right. I may end up going to the LBS and asking there.

Did you try putting the longer length of the key into the freehub.
It has to go a long way in before it bites as usually the short end of the key doesn't reach.
Of course you would need a bit of tubing to get a bit of leverage.

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Did you try putting the longer length of the key into the freehub.
It has to go a long way in before it bites as usually the short end of the key doesn't reach.
Of course you would need a bit of tubing to get a bit of leverage.
Yes I tried that, its close so I'm guessing 11mm. Larger allen keys, over 10mm. are not very common

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Yes I tried that, its close so I'm guessing 11mm. Larger allen keys, over 10mm. are not very common

if you have the cxp22 wheels (i think that is the right number) it is a 11mm allen key. But be warned when I tried to replace the freehub on my 2010 secteur elite we found it had been fixed on with some sort of thread lock and we broke the allen key trying to take it off :ohmy:

In the end I bought some new wheels as the rims were worn anyway after the mileage I had done on them, I got some equivalent wheels from the local specialized concept store the £105.

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
This was done at a local cycle shop a friend of mine owns, trust me it was not coming off. After I decided to scrap the wheel I also had a go at getting it off and also snapped another 11mm allen key.
Thanks for that. New wheels are probably the best route. These have done over 5000 miles. I will still have to fettle the wheel though, I have to.

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
This was done at a local cycle shop a friend of mine owns, trust me it was not coming off. After I decided to scrap the wheel I also had a go at getting it off and also snapped another 11mm allen key.
Well you were right! Took it to the LBS who could not get it off, each person who walked past said "oh is it a specialized?"
New wheel set ordered! Shimano R501.

Thanks to all that replied.

Top Bottom