Status Quo - unplugged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

TVC

I'll out myself as a bit of a fan of Status Quo. I havent seen the BBC programme, but I do think they are somewhat under rated as a band.
How many other bands are still commercially successful after 6 decades? They have had more chart singles than any other UK band, and only the Rolling Stones have released more albums.
It is just a bit like Skoda jokes, everyone takes the piss without actually knowing much about the subject.
Some new music written this decade. I hope I'm having this much fun when I'm in my 60's.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44FWCt4Agho

The show is being repeated on the red button, some of the songs really stand up to a softer arrangement with strings, and show that they are better crafted work than when they present them as simple full volume guitar whacking rock.

Leave it McGinty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's just a bit of fun @Beebo it's not like they're really crap like U2 or the Rolling 'why don't they eff off and retire' Stones. Or String.

albion

Guru
What would you rather listen too, a Status Quo collection or a Rolling Stones collection?
Most Quo stuff is still listen-able but some Stones stuff never was, even back then. (and what of U2 ?)

The great thing about Quo is that there has been little hype.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Quo were the soundtrack of my youth. I still have 23 LPs in the house but no record player :cry:

I thought the new arrangements, tempos and interpretations of their work were all excellent. Watched it twice last night. Superb work from all of the musicians and singers. This really revealed the strength of the songs they wrote (and keep writing)..

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
[QUOTE 3342544, member: 259"]Time to roll out the definitive version of Dancing In The Streets?

[/QUOTE]

Youtube is blocked at work but will take a look later, I know the song though. I was actually thinking of Gimme Shelter, great track which doesn't sound like their usual crap, I also like the Sisters Of Mercy cover, though the original is best. I used to listen to Quo as a kid, but have never felt compelled to listen to anything by them for the last 30 years or so.

Top Bottom