Status Quo - unplugged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I was just a slip of a lass in the early 70's, swooning after Brian Connelly from The Sweet, my big brother Billy who was several years my elder, scoffed at my adolescent miss guided attachment to said band and proclaimed The Quo to be the ultimate rock band which would stand the test of time unlike my glam rock transvestites ( I didn't know what that meant at the time).

Sadly Billy passed away way before his time several years ago but when I here the first bars of Caroline his words of prophecy pass through the ether of time and I'm back with the wee lass who thought she knew it all looking up to her big brother.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Apparently there were quite a few people tried sneaking through the door at that unplugged gig, the security guard caught them though and made them go back in for the rest of it.

Don't mock. It's not funny when it happens to you. Bouncers threw me back into a Black Sabbath gig at Newcastle City Hall back in 1974. I've yet to recover from the trauma.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Love Quo. saw them in 77 at Hammersmith when they were proper Quo and off their rockers, I was up in the "gods" and the baloncy bounced. My fave album of theirs is this one. Rocktastic.

Live_StatusQuo.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
Love Quo. saw them in 77 at Hammersmith when they were proper Quo and off their rockers, I was up in the "gods" and the baloncy bounced. My fave album of theirs is this one. Rocktastic.

Live_StatusQuo.jpg

Fun wasn't it !

However we were outdone by the Quo concert in Glasgow Apollo in the same year, they also "bounced the balcony", (a 1,000 tonnes of pre-stressed concrete), and created a foot wide gap between the back wall and the balcony.

If the place still exists, the gap will still be there, it was filled in after the gig, but I saw the crack when being shown around when I was a roadie in the mid 1980's

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Take the Michael if you want, I enjoyed it :tongue:
& what's not to like, they have achieved great longevity for a reason, and the reason is, they're damn good. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom