Stolen Carerra Subway - Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

caimg

Über Member
it says "After ten seconds the padlock re-arms ready to deter the next person foolish enough to tamper with it." what happens if the person rides it away does the alarm keep beeping?

Good question, I have no idea. It gives me the warning bleeps and then inevitably goes into full alarm mode just when unlocking the damn thing and I haven't tested how long it goes on for if continuously in motion (maybe I'll try with a pillow smothering it!).

All I know is that it seems like a very useful deterrent. Most thieves would look at my bike, with it's NY fahg lock and think 'hmmm not sure about this'. If they then so much as move it a centimeter then they have a 110db alarm in their ears, which would usually send that thief running.

I think it's generally accepted that if a really determined tooled-up thief wants your bike then it's a goner.

e-rider

crappy member
There have been cases mentioned on here about cycleguard and how they try their very best to avoid paying out on claims - make sure you have read all the samll print, and perhaps when the policy expires look into insuring th bikes on the house insurance as it;s usually cheaper and offers better protection (ie. less rules and regs to follow)

OP
OP
R

Rozza2012

Regular
ah right ill have a look, i have it insured on my house insureance for when it it at home

didn really want to claim on my house insurance as it would act as a claim

Top Bottom