Stolen - Specialized Hardrock 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

o6uoq

Hi,

I just had my bike stolen from outside Sainbury's in Angel between 6.20pm and 6.45pm this afternoon.

I am gutted. I had a top of the line ABUS D-lock, which is apparently designed to be more difficult to break into!

The bike is a beautiful bike, and would be very attractive to young kids. It is this one here:

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/ProductImages/90167flo.jpg

It is red and white with black road tyres (not the default mountain bike ones).

It has a back break light on it, which is long and narrow. It has a sticker mark on the left hand side of the handle bars, if you are sitting on the bike.

I do not have the serial number of the bike. There is also a specialized water bottle and holder on the bike as well.

I don't know how they broke in - I am 99.9% sure I locked it correctly to the bike and rail, however I am now questioning if I didn't put it through frame and they moved the lock over the seat and rode off. I didn't see my lock anywhere, but I am going to double check if it is there tomorrow.

I've tried to find out if people break into D-locks easily, and everyone says it has to be cut through. If they got through this lock, it would of been picked and removed very very quickly. Are there reports that D-locks being picked quickly?

It was very busy outside Sainbury's and loads of people around - I don't know how they could of made it obvious unless they knew what they were doing or there is no chance they could of removed it that quickly and with ease unless it wasn't secured properly.

I am jet lagged, so I am questioning myself but I am pretty sure - like most habits - I got the lock out, put it throw, secured it, turned the key, checked to make sure it was locked, and threaded the bike around the bike rail..

I am so sad ;)

girobike

i made this account to reply to this i work in angel and actually walked by your bike.

At the time i noticed your bike ( i like a good looking bike ) and i saw that yes you had locked your bike badly to the bike rack i actually went into the sainsbury's and told a security guy about it. there are lots of cctv camera's around there ask around im sure your bike is in view

Sorry to hear it did get stolen but i thought i would reply to confirm your doubts on the way you locked it ;)

Top Bottom