Stolen Specialized Rockhopper Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harryscotter

Hi,

My Silver Specialized Rockhopper Disc was stolen from my flat in Shawlands in Glasgow on or around Thursday the 16th August 2012. Its a 19" frame 2008 model originally purchased from Dales Cycles in Glasgow and still had a Dales cycles sticker on it.

Frame serial number is WUD70725303B.

If you find someone selling this bike or have bought it please let me know. I'm sure others would do the same for you.

Thanks.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Keep an eye on gum tree and ebay. Can you post a picture?

OP
OP
harryscotter

harryscotter

Hi.

Thanks. I'm watching them like a hawk with every spare moment I have.

I cant figure out how to attach a photo to this. The 'Insert image' button asks me for a URL? I've updated my profile pic to be a photo of the bike. Its mostly the same as in the photo with the rear mudguard but the front one has gone and the saddle has a tear in it due to a recent fall.

Pat "5mph"

Ok, will enlarge your avatar to have a better look.
BTW, attach a photo using the upload a file button right below you input box.

Edit: you need a certain amount of posts to do this.

OP
OP
harryscotter

harryscotter

Ah, ok. I'll try and find another way of posting it.

Are these forums indexed by search engines like google? Hoping my bike serial number will eventually come up in an internet search should someone buy it from the thief.

Pat "5mph"

Ah, ok. I'll try and find another way of posting it.

Are these forums indexed by search engines like google? Hoping my bike serial number will eventually come up in an internet search should someone buy it from the thief.
Yes they are.
Your bike could end up in a boot sale or the barrows.
Polmadie boot sale is a good bet.
And keep an eye on the road, maybe they are riding it - was it chained in the close?

Pat "5mph"

You/somebody would have heard the noise of an angle grinder. They must have busted the lock.

Drago

Legendary Member
They often use pneumatic bolt coppers for the big shackles, pumped up with a foor pump. Near silent. Not true bolt croppers, but a similar thing. I think fire brigades use them. But not for stealing bikes.

Top Bottom