Store loyalty card - odd goings on (now a reply from store)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
You don't have nearly enough evidence to know if it's fraud or not. Nothing you witnessed is a prima facie crime. It requires information only the store would have to know it's fraud. So the police would tell you to do what you did : tell the store. Then if they see it as fraud and chose to press charges, they can bring it to the police.

*Your opinion

*How do you know what other evidence I do or don't have?

*Anything else you want to point out with points?

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
I assumed if the card had left your sight, you would have mentioned it.

Did it?

There are many things that happen at the time, we only remember later.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
[QUOTE 4497341, member: 76"]Well, I really don't know! It started about loyalty points, then weirdly pitched into 'I think my card was cloned' all because someone was utilising something you didn't want anyway. What possible reason did you have to think your card was cloned? Was it taken away, did it go into a strange machine?[/QUOTE]

Does a cloning card machine have to look 'strange' then? Does it have a sticker on it that's says 'cloning machine'

I thought they just put some chips in a normal card machine and you just use it as normal and it records your card details. Or are you just guessing like me?

Moderators

Legendary Member
Mod Note:

The thread has been locked whilst 12 pages, sorry 13 pages are read through and it investigated after it has been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom