Strange sight at Lidl today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxbob

Was going into Lidl today when 2 unlocked bike's caught my attention.One was a Boardman comp the other a Cube agree, so i stop and look at the bike's as you do, until my eyes reached the pedals.Both bike's had cheap plastic flats fitted,anyhow go into shop and spot the rider's, they are both in full roady gear including shoes.But no cleats on shoes, what's going on?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
They've pinched the bikes and couldn't fathom out what to do with the pedals?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
They just put those shoes on and wear that stuff when they are off the bike, so they look better. Really, they have some trainers tooked away somewhere for when they are on their bikes.

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Yeah, maybe... but why use Road shoes without the cleats on normal pedals???? Very bizarre.

Even without cleats they will be stiffer soles for the bikes wont they?

OP
OP
oxbob

oxbob

Even trainers would be weird,1k bike and one of most crucial areas(power transfer) is ignored

col

Legendary Member
oxbob said:
Even trainers would be weird,1k bike and one of most crucial areas(power transfer) is ignored

They might be waiting for a delivery of pedals they want?

Radius

SHREDDER
col said:
Even without cleats they will be stiffer soles for the bikes wont they?

What I was going to say.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My father in law works for a halfrauds superstore and recently they had a boardman nicked where the thief casually unscrewed the pedals from a different bike, put them on the boardman, carried it downstairs any simply rode the bike out of the shop before anyone could stop them. :smile:

OP
OP
oxbob

oxbob

It gets better, they come out the shop with must be a dozen large plant pots stacked in a pile, this i've got to see thinks me.One of them pulls a mobile out and 5 mins later some bloke in roady kit turns up on a £99 full susser with basket on the bars to take the pots away!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
oxbob said:
It gets better, they come out the shop with must be a dozen large plant pots stacked in a pile, this i've got to see thinks me.One of them pulls a mobile out and 5 mins later some bloke in roady kit turns up on a £99 full susser with basket on the bars to take the pots away!

Well.....;):laugh:..... takes all sorts.......

Top Bottom