Stuck seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Well they got it out, a lot of spraying, heating, bashing, sawing and chiselling.
Goodness know what it’s done to the structure of the frame but doesn’t look to bad considering.
6481EE53-4486-4E5A-A9DF-4BE3E9FBD9CB.jpeg
AB5BACE0-8890-4EC3-858E-525AAD43A7E0.jpeg

I'm sorry to say, but that is a botch job.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
It’s by no means a tidy job but other than burred and misshapen it’s not that bad, don’t forget the slot was already there they haven’t cut the frame.
I can’t imagine it’s gonna get thousands of miles on it anyway, when he gets bored I’ll buy it for £20 as a turbo bike ;)

Last edited:

silva

Über Member
nothing a seat post clamp can't hide. :blush:
Or a carbon-look sticker. :smile:

Gunk

Guru
I removed one earlier this year from a cheap Specialized Allez I bought off gumtree. I drilled a hole though the seat post and stuck a steel rod through it. I then walloped the seat post with a lump hammer and block of wood, the rod stopped it slipping down too far, once I released it I managed to twist it out with another tube over the top of the rod for leverage.

The frame was completely undamaged.

Gunk

Guru
I managed to remove another this evening for a friend of mine. He’d bought a cheap Peugeot with a 531 frame but the ally seat post was completely stuck.

We removed both wheels, removed the seat, put the post in my vice and used the bike frame as leverage and out it popped. He’d spent hours trying to get it out. :laugh:

Top Bottom