England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club - Ride 3 - Are we there yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Finally gave in and saw a Doc about my knee. He said it's only a sprain, but I'm looking at another 3 weeks before I'm back in action :angry:

Hoping he's wrong about my awesome recovery skills though, so put me down as a 'maybe'.

Nice one!

I don't have any so I hope they are not essential!

Oh and I found this on the Audax site

Is it right that mudguards and lights are compulsory?
AUK's regulations used to require mudguards - but not any more. Some events may require mudguards, but that depends on the individual organiser. In the Calendar, the code M indicates that mudguards may be required. Otherwise, they are not required, though their use might be 'encouraged' by some organisers.
Lights are required by British law if you ride between the times of dusk and dawn. In practice this could happen on any of AUK's events except a few summer 200s and some shorter events.

I reckon no mudguards will be okay.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

AUK's regulations used to require mudguards - but not any more. Some events may require mudguards, but that depends on the individual organiser. In the Calendar, the code M indicates that mudguards may be required. Otherwise, they are not required, though their use might be 'encouraged' by some organisers.
Lights are required by British law if you ride between the times of dusk and dawn. In practice this could happen on any of AUK's events except a few summer 200s and some shorter events.

Crud catchers are pretty cheap. Riding in a group is a lot drier when the person you're following has mudguards :smile:

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist

That event has the code M

Mike!

Guru
My illness and lack of energy just gets worse, been in bed for 5 days with Flu. Back at work now but still feel horrible. Getting very frustrated not having any riding time and it's been an expensive few days.

Lying in bed with the iPad ended up in me purchasing a 2011 Specialized Hardrock Pro on eBay to replace my 2005 one....... It looks great but no chance of me riding it for a while yet as I'm finding it hard to walk much more than a few hundred yards!

So I'll be advertising a 2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro shortly and putting up some pictures of my new off road toy too!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
My illness and lack of energy just gets worse, been in bed for 5 days with Flu. Back at work now but still feel horrible. Getting very frustrated not having any riding time and it's been an expensive few days.

Lying in bed with the iPad ended up in me purchasing a 2011 Specialized Hardrock Pro on eBay to replace my 2005 one....... It looks great but no chance of me riding it for a while yet as I'm finding it hard to walk much more than a few hundred yards!

So I'll be advertising a 2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro shortly and putting up some pictures of my new off road toy too!

Slipped, fell, and bought a bike :smile:

Top Bottom