England : Rutland Sun 18th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks lovely and cant wait for the weekend.....not that I'm wishing my life anyway

No 157, that's the one, and nearly at the same time of year too, now it is all down to the weather, but unless it is torrential rain all day or very high winds it will go ahead. Riders so far:

dr_pink
Marshmallow_Fluff
Kiwi-Sal
dave r
Poacher
HLaB
self
oldfatfool [possible depending on weather]

If it looks a bit wet bring a change of clothes, if you are driving you can dry out at ours and clean the bike up too :smile:.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Is the third photo near Little Ponton? Just E of the A1, there's a minor road which goes under the E coast main line and up a lovely little valley which always looks to me like a bit of the Derbyshire dales transported to an unlikely part of Lincolnshire, buzzards and all!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is the third photo near Little Ponton? Just E of the A1, there's a minor road which goes under the E coast main line and up a lovely little valley which always looks to me like a bit of the Derbyshire dales transported to an unlikely part of Lincolnshire, buzzards and all!
Certainly looks like it!

Railway_bridge_over_Whalebone_Lane%2C_Little_Ponton_-_geograph.org.uk_-_211750.jpg

(Kate Jewell's photograph on geograph.)

Correct, it really is out of context with the rest of the area, you really feel as though you are much further north. Not going there this weekend but will probably do a forum ride through there in late spring.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Correct, it really is out of context with the rest of the area, you really feel as though you are much further north. Not going there this weekend but will probably do a forum ride through there in late spring.

For anyone who fancies incorporating the "lost valley" into a ride, I strongly advise riding up it (i.e. Little Ponton to Woodnook) rather than down, not just because you appreciate the sublime scenery more, but because you'll hit the potholes, loose gravel and clumps of grass at a lower speed!

For anyone who fancies incorporating the "lost valley" into a ride, I strongly advise riding up it (i.e. Little Ponton to Woodnook) rather than down, not just because you appreciate the sublime scenery more, but because you'll hit the potholes, loose gravel and clumps of grass at a lower speed!
Great name for it, "the lost valley" in fact I now think of it as "the little lost valley".

Don't think I am going to be able to find the £30 for petrol, running a bit tight this month after ordering new bike :blush: sorry was looking forward to seeing you all again, hope you have a great day!

D

Deleted member 1258

The bike has had a clean and a check over today, I've sorted out my shoes and overshoes as well and I'm ready to roll. The weather looks excellent and I'll load the bike into the car tomorrow afternoon when we get back from shopping ready to go. I've just got to look at the Leicester outer ringroad system on the map again, just to make sure it's in my head so I don't get lost on the way out.

The bike has had a clean and a check over today, I've sorted out my shoes and overshoes as well and I'm ready to roll. The weather looks excellent and I'll load the bike into the car tomorrow afternoon when we get back from shopping ready to go. I've just got to look at the Leicester outer ringroad system on the map again, just to make sure it's in my head so I don't get lost on the way out.
Dave you have pm with quickest and easiest route, well soon anyway :smile:.

I'm just back from the club ride, it s working (the bike that is) but it needs a good clean :rolleyes:
I think l'll cycle up it looks a fab forecast :sun:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope you all have a great ride tomorrow and don't forget to post some nice photos to remind me of what I'm missing! :hello:

(It's a nice day here today and I wish I could get out on my bike. I think I will see if I can walk as far as the railway station to pick up my Christmas ticket. That would be my longest walk since July, a mere 10 minutes each way!)

Top Bottom