Sunday, 11th April - The PaulB Recovery Ride, Hebden Bridge / Whalley / Ribble Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
aJohnson said:
Decided I will come to HB, will be nice to get a few hills in.
Excellent! It'll be a scenic ride out to Whalley apart from one built-up area (Brierfield) but that doesn't take long to pass through because it is on a descent.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Good god, I've only just realised, we're talking about going into Lancashire here!

Do I need a visa?;)

It's in the diary - my plans will be dependent on whether Helen can make it and give me a lift over, and her preferences, but I'll aim to be there whatever.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and you must make it over to York sometime. I can probably arrange a ride in which the stiffest climb is going over the Millennium Bridge over the Ouse...;)

Or take you over Warthill. Now, that's a hill. Well, I think it is. Others disagree....:biggrin:

Christopher

Über Member
I'd like to register an interest for this ride please, could just about do it on fixed as Whalley Nab (local :laugh: climb ) isn't on the agenda. Most likely I would meet you all in Whalley as I am not sure I could do the ride all the way from Hebden Bridge unless on the lightweight geared bike which I won't take out in the rain (or snow or ice or slush or mud)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

Christopher

Über Member
Shouldn't you be zzzz'ing Dan? Don't you have Chesire lanes to terrorise tomorrow

(apologies to ColinJ for hijacking his thread)

aJohnson

This'll be my first Hebden Bridge ride being 18 (Turn 18 on Apr 2nd), hopefully it'll be a good and nice weathered one. Trio, up for meeting at the same place arranged for the previous ride?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm, I think I forgot to Submit a reply that I did yesterday to a few of you! I must have Previewed the post instead...

I can't remember what I wrote other than to say to Arch that Warthill only appears to be 25 m above sea level so that hill must start off underground!

Top Bottom