Sunday, 11th April - The PaulB Recovery Ride, Hebden Bridge / Whalley / Ribble Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sysagent said:
They are pushing?

;-)
It's one of the few pictures I've taken where you get a fair idea of the gradient. It was very steep, but probably just about rideable if you were prepared to make a huge effort.

I decided early on that it was taking too much out of my legs with a long ride ahead of us and pushed my bike up. TBH - walking wasn't that much easier!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right, I've got my train ticket, and my cycle reservation for the leg to Leeds (the only reservation needed - fortunately I can come back on a straight through Northern Trains service, there's one at about half past the hour each hour). The FCR seems to be running smoothly, so I'm not going to mess with it.

If the weather is anything like it is now, it'll be shorts time!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
If the weather is anything like it is now, it'll be shorts time!
I caught a bus up to Widdop reservoir this morning and did a 9.5 mile walk back over the tops and it was just super up there. The reservoir was almost mirror-flat. We'll be riding along that road in the morning.

It was the best weather here since last September, which seems an awfully long time ago now! I really hope that we get plenty of this in the summer...

Unfortunately, the forecast is that it won't be quite so sunny tomorrow so I'll be sticking to my plan to wear arm and leg warmers but hope to be able to take them off during the ride.

colly said:
99.9% certain.

The .1% is in case that bottle of red gets the better of me later on this evening.:laugh:
Limit yourself to half the bottle!

I was going to have another dry evening but I'm now going out for a curry and beers will no doubt be involved. Oh well, that's never stopped me riding before! :laugh:

Rammylad said:
Would like to tag along and do the Whalley~BYB circuit with you if that's okay?
You'd be welcome. Just turn up at Spring Wood in good time and introduce yourself to Paul and the others. Paul should be easy to recognise - not that tall and probably with some rather obvious signs of wear and tear to his head!

Updated list...

Hebden Bridge (meet 09:30, set off from car park to HB station 09:40, meet riders off trains at about 09:50):
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • Sysagent (with Alun)
  • aJohnson (may ride to HB or get lift over)
  • Frustruck (riding towards us on Widdop Road)
  • dan_bo
  • Arch
  • colly (99.9%)
  • svendo

Spring Wood picnic centre, Whalley (12:00 ish):
  • PaulB + Bro-in-law Robert + Liam
  • Globalti
  • Rammylad
  • trio25 + Ali (might be at Spring Wood or down at station)

aJohnson

I'll be getting a lift. I'll probably be in a long sleeve jersey, shorts and legs warmers if the weather's decent. Going to install my new computer in a bit, that way I'll know if I hit the century :laugh:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
ColinJ said:
I caught a bus up to Widdop reservoir this morning and did a 9.5 mile walk back over the tops and it was just super up there. The reservoir was almost mirror-flat. We'll be riding along that road in the morning.

It was the best weather here since last September, which seems an awfully long time ago now! I really hope that we get plenty of this in the summer...

Unfortunately, the forecast is that it won't be quite so sunny tomorrow so I'll be sticking to my plan to wear arm and leg warmers but hope to be able to take them off during the ride.

Limit yourself to half the bottle!

I was going to have another dry evening but I'm now going out for a curry and beers will no doubt be involved. Oh well, that's never stopped me riding before! :laugh:

You'd be welcome. Just turn up at Spring Wood in good time and introduce yourself to Paul and the others. Paul should be easy to recognise - not that tall and probably with some rather obvious signs of wear and tear to his head!

Updated list...

Hebden Bridge (meet 09:30, set off from car park to HB station 09:40, meet riders off trains at about 09:50):
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • Sysagent (with Alun)
  • aJohnson (may ride to HB or get lift over)
  • Frustruck (riding towards us on Widdop Road)
  • dan_bo
  • Arch
  • colly (99.9%)
  • svendo

Spring Wood picnic centre, Whalley (12:00 ish):
  • PaulB + Bro-in-law Robert + Liam
  • Globalti
  • Rammylad
  • trio25 + Ali (might be at Spring Wood or down at station)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Bikes washed and prepared, I am also off up the road for a couple of beers (4x canned draught guinness maximum) and some food, I must ignore my mates who will be there tanking it down!

;-D

trio25

Über Member
Hope you get the computer sorted AJ, I am a complete geek so love to know my mileage!

I am planning on wearing kneewarmers tomorrow!!!!

I will be there unless I have some major failure, Ali has a cold so will decide tomorrow but I am getting the bikes and snacks ready now. Is there a planned cafe stop ;-)

Top Bottom