England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bear Mc

Years ago I read a thread on here about a ride around the london marathon route pre-event. Is it happening this year?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Years ago I read a thread on here about a ride around the london marathon route pre-event. Is it happening this year?
As far as I remember, it didn't happen last year but there was a ride 2 years ago which ended up with me being stopped by the palace while the others managed to get through. While the idea of speeding up a traffic free Horseguards Parade would normally appeal, a heavy night and appropriately heavy legs meant that I got separated from the pack. I think a number of riders will be returning from a Friday night ride this weekend so the Sunday London Ride is unlikely to happen this weekend anyway.

It's worth having a look on lfgss - they've got a posse out in the past.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thanks, found a thread. Seems to be frowned upon by the authorities so looks like a non starter.

https://www.lfgss.com/search/?q=London+marathon&defaults=true
As they're all busy getting traffic out of the way and setting things up, it's not surprising that they would discourage a bunch of riders taking advantage of the traffic free conditions. But unless something's changed since a couple of years ago, most of the marshals an police are out to have a good natured day. So little grief once you're on the route.

U

User10571

I'll be at HPC 9.30 sunday, heading to the viewtube
Top news from Topcat1.
Does that mean that your busted shoulder is better?

U

User10571

A lot better, out today Richmond pk only a twinge heading into the wind (put on a little weight)
That's great news.
Really.
I may or may not pitch up at HPC on Sunday morning.
If I'm there I'll be early.
If I'm not, don't wait for me.
JB

Bike needs new bars/tape headset and saddle
Nice to read you're venturing out, Dave...is the world ready? :smile:
I thought of you last night...(not available at Gerrys :sad: )
11026-120x400.jpg

Good luck to all the Escapologists...last one I saw was Johnny Eagle at Tower Hill, circa 1969. :laugh:

Top Bottom