England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iZaP

Über Member
Ride for food? I always thought the food was a bonus before riding back home ^_^ would be nice to do one again!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I wont be there I'll be in Scotland

Bring me back some whisky :x (i'll pay for it!!)

rb58

Enigma
Weather forecast is looking okay for the morning, so I'm in. 9.30 in the usual place at HPC. Salute the guards, then how about a couple of laps of the park - keeping to the new 10mph speed limit on the shared path section obviously ;-) then maybe a squirt through the city to Stratford, down The Greenway and on to Thames Barrier Park, Fat Boys, or Island Gardens?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Weather forecast is looking okay for the morning, so I'm in. 9.30 in the usual place at HPC. Salute the guards, then how about a couple of laps of the park - keeping to the new 10mph speed limit on the shared path section obviously ;-) then maybe a squirt through the city to Stratford, down The Greenway and on to Thames Barrier Park, Fat Boys, or Island Gardens?

The meet is at the Wellington Arch on the 'Island' isn;t it?
I'll have about 20-25 minutes to ride down from St Pancras which looks straight forward enough. Down the Euston rd then a left down Baker st and right onto Park lane. This is all from google maps and looks the best way unless anyone can simplify it further.

rb58

Enigma
The meet is at the Wellington Arch on the 'Island' isn;t it?
I'll have about 20-25 minutes to ride down from St Pancras which looks straight forward enough. Down the Euston rd then a left down Baker st and right onto Park lane. This is all from google maps and looks the best way unless anyone can simplify it further.
Those are busy roads and will not be much fun, even on a Sunday morning. I'd suggest staying south of the Euston Road and coming through Hyde Park instead of the race track that is Park Lane. Something like this. There is segregated cycling on the roads which are opposite one way for cars. We usually assemble by the Australian war memorial on the western side of the 'island' rather than underneath the arch - unless it's raining of course.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Those are busy roads and will not be much fun, even on a Sunday morning. I'd suggest staying south of the Euston Road and coming through Hyde Park instead of the race track that is Park Lane. Something like this. There is segregated cycling on the roads which are opposite one way for cars. We usually assemble by the Australian war memorial on the western side of the 'island' rather than underneath the arch - unless it's raining of course.

My only concern is not getting lost which is why I chose the direct route. I'm not worried by the traffic and there are bus lanes for a lot of it. I've done the Euston road at rush hour. Your route doesn't look difficult but It's always different when you're on the ground. I'll look at it though as it would be more enjoyable.

Thanks.

Top Bottom