England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
I went to see the ferry situation this morning. Two bright, shiny new ships sitting there. And not moving. Not much evidence of any work being carried out either. TFL website now says "No service until further notice". Having said that, the weather forecast for Sunday is pretty good considering it's January, so the ride will go ahead as a regular Sunday London Ride and, as such, we can decide where to go when we see who turns up. We can take a chance and ride down to Woolwich as we can still use the foot tunnel if the ferry isn't a go-er if we fancy it.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I went to see the ferry situation this morning. Two bright, shiny new ships sitting there. And not moving. Not much evidence of any work being carried out either. TFL website now says "No service until further notice". Having said that, the weather forecast for Sunday is pretty good considering it's January, so the ride will go ahead as a regular Sunday London Ride and, as such, we can decide where to go when we see who turns up. We can take a chance and ride down to Woolwich as we can still use the foot tunnel if the ferry isn't a go-er if we fancy it.

Stick to the route old bean, I'd certainly like to pop up to the observatory, maybe see the Cutty Sark up close. That is if it's a sociably quiet route.
If not I'm in your hands.....Quiet down at the back, that's not funny, you know what I meant.....Shame on you...

rb58

Enigma
Stick to the route old bean, I'd certainly like to pop up to the observatory, maybe see the Cutty Sark up close. That is if it's a sociably quiet route.
Sounds like a plan.

Amazingly, TFL replied to my enquiry about the ferry within ten minutes:
"I’ve contacted the managers of the Ferry who have informed me that there is no specific date for the completion of the works at present but we expect it to be open for operations by the end of January. We apologise for the inconvenience caused."

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Sounds like a plan.

Amazingly, TFL replied to my enquiry about the ferry within ten minutes:
"I’ve contacted the managers of the Ferry who have informed me that there is no specific date for the completion of the works at present but we expect it to be open for operations by the end of January. We apologise for the inconvenience caused."

Ahh well, it's the ride that matters more. We can do the ferry as and when. Hoping for 25 miles still though. :smile:

rb58

Enigma
Do we know if any of the Brompton brigade are coming along?
Jenny was asking for the details last week as there was some interest. Not confirmed though, so not sure.

Reactions: GM

rb58

Enigma
Who remembers this little chap from one of last year’s rides? I popped by this morning and he still has his Christmas wreath on.
C225E195-4904-41CE-B536-DBF0C1AAD387.jpeg
033341E7-F25C-4243-9047-644650B2F1A5.jpeg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Hopefully OK for the morrow..
What is the finishing point, please?
I want to plan a route back to the car.

Top Bottom