Suspected hit and run Gloucester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gordyfinbar

Über Member
Cyclist involved in a suspected hit and run on St Barnabus roundabout this morning has sadly died of his injuries. Police are seeking the driver of a black Bmw in connection with the incident . Thoughts with the family. :sad:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-29375898

What sort of **** ****ing sub-human **** can hit and kill a vulnerable road user and drive off - then do a ****ing runner?

A coward.

RIP and best wishes to the poor cyclist's family.

Edited.

This is not the place for debate about hit and runs, so I have started a thread

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/hit-and-run.165978/

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
I was hit and run, but fortunately lived. F*ckers who hit and run should be reserved a place in an electric chair.

I believe plod have now found the driver of the BMW and they have been arrested. CPS - no evidence/witnesses, hard work to prosecute, only a cyclist. No further action.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Update on the BBC:

A 24-year-old man has been charged with causing the death of a cyclist in a hit-and-run in Gloucester.

Tykeran Hamilton, of Moor Street in the city, appeared before Cheltenham magistrates earlier.

Alan Knight, 64, was delivering papers when he collided with a car on Stroud Road in September.

Two other men, aged 27 and 36, remain on bail until January, and a 31-year-old woman has been released without charge.

Mr Hamilton is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death while driving an uninsured vehicle and failing to stop after a road accident, police said.

GC

spen666

Legendary Member
I was hit and run, but fortunately lived. F*ckers who hit and run should be reserved a place in an electric chair.

I believe plod have now found the driver of the BMW and they have been arrested. CPS - no evidence/witnesses, ...... No further action.

not sure how you expect the CPS to prosecute someone without any evidence.

Its all to easy to blame people, but when they are not in possession of the tools, its not possible to do the job

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well he has been charged so there must be some evidence.

When there are three in the car it is often difficult for them to keep their stories straight. The driver had no insurance.

The cyclist, who was 64 was doing a paper round as a hobby and to keep fit.

How very sad. RIP

solan

Regular
Update on the BBC:

A 24-year-old man has been charged with causing the death of a cyclist in a hit-and-run in Gloucester.

Tykeran Hamilton, of Moor Street in the city, appeared before Cheltenham magistrates earlier.

Alan Knight, 64, was delivering papers when he collided with a car on Stroud Road in September.

Two other men, aged 27 and 36, remain on bail until January, and a 31-year-old woman has been released without charge.

Mr Hamilton is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death while driving an uninsured vehicle and failing to stop after a road accident, police said.

GC

this makes me cry :sad: RIP

Drago

Legendary Member
Well he has been charged so there must be some evidence.

Not necessarily. If they're accused yet don't deny it - the classic "no comment" interview - then the threshold test may still be met. Solicitors make the meat of their money from court so are prone to advise clients to go no comment for financial reasons, not because it's in their clients best interest.

The criminal justice system, both cps and defence, is badly broken, definitely unethical, verging on corrupt.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Solicitors make the meat of their money from court so are prone to advise clients to go no comment for financial reasons, not because it's in their clients best interest.

I take it that this is only your opinion. I would like to see some evidence to prove it if it isnt.

I would imagine that there could be evidence from the car as it collided with the bike. Your idea that it was a no comment interview is just speculation.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not just opinion. It something we've suspected for many years, but one of the station accredited solicitors recently told me that's exactly what they do.

There are firms out there who's policy is to advise all clients to go NC regardless of the circumstances of the case.

Why else when there is little or no evidence, just an accusation, would they advise a client to go NC instead of denying it, and having the matter dropped then and there? Perhaps you could explain how its in a client's best interest to wait months on bail and then wait until court to go not guilty and then have the case dropped through lack of evidence?

Anyone see Hit And Run last night? That horrible bloke went NC through the whole set of interviews, the copper said she thought he was going to walk, he was confident to the point of cockiness. He got sent down for 20 years.

Top Bottom